Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

So I just finished watching RE: Woke Raccoon City (not it's actual title, of course). 

I think they did a good job being faithful in some regards, and messed up in other ways. Really liked the orphanage scenes and the mansion. But the two plots run concurrently. Some things I didn't like was that Wesker didn't have his sunglasses... until Ada shows up in the mid-credits scene. 

Also, they replaced Barry with Richard Aiken, who was in the games, but as a member of the STARS Bravo Team. Oh, dear... 

I wish I knew, quite frankly.

The article said nothing. But it is Capcom. They probably just paid her a ton of their money. 

I think the makers of other games could attempt to sue them too. But there is some things you can copy that you cannot copyright, even if it is obviously copying. It would have to be more precise. Like if an enemy looked the same rather than just behaving the same, that is a different matter entirely. 

I gave several examples already. In fact, I was talking to a guy I know on the phone recently who was spot on. He agreed that they just look at whatever is trending, and decide to steal ideas, and that is how the industry operates if you are working among money grabbers. It has cheapened their legacy. Shinji Mikami surely doesn't support this garbage. 

Also, the lies about RE8 being another action focused entry in the series, because 7 was reportedly "too scary" for players in VR, or something, is a very odd thing to say. But that's a lame excuse. Really, very lame.

Survival horror games are supposed to be scary. Duh. So why they said that, no idea. You can tell they knew RE8 was a copy of RE4, and they knew RE8 would not be seen as being anything other than action horror. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Now, that's a very good question. Or maybe they go behind the back and always make a good sweet deal and everyone goes home very happy. 

Seriously, it's something that I believe that they are very well capable of doing from the look of things. 

So I have been playing RE6 the last few days. 

I'm surprised that game didn't kill the whole franchise. All you do 98% of the time is shoot various terrorists that are infected. There's no resemblance to survival horror anywhere in that game, despite Leon's campaign including zombies. But it does have some cool moments, if you like action stuff. 

Those BSAA soldiers usually just stand there, though. The most useless NPC squadron in gaming. LOL. 

13 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Shoot. Shoot like there's no tomorrow. 

You can also crush their heads by pressing R2 if they're stunned.

I hope this news article I found, is accurate. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-4-remake-new-details-changes-report

I don't think that there is anything else that you can do to them but shoot them to hell. It's the only way forward. 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:40 PM, Candy Stick said:

So I just finished watching RE: Woke Raccoon City (not it's actual title, of course). 

I think they did a good job being faithful in some regards, and messed up in other ways. Really liked the orphanage scenes and the mansion. But the two plots run concurrently. Some things I didn't like was that Wesker didn't have his sunglasses... until Ada shows up in the mid-credits scene. 

Also, they replaced Barry with Richard Aiken, who was in the games, but as a member of the STARS Bravo Team. Oh, dear... 

Let's make one thing perfectly clear. You are the one who pointlessly criticized the movie over people being the "wrong" race, but not only that, you didn't get the ethnicity of the target of your comment correct. You called a half black English woman an Hispanic As explained by serval people people, it really wasn't important what the ethnicity of the actress was anyway, but instead of acknowledging the error of the comment, you do that instead. Nobody said anything stupid there apart from yourself, so that little dig at everyone for calling out the error is not fair and not apricated. All we did was talk some common sense. However, if want want to ignore said advice then you fell free to do so, just don't insult us for it.

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Nuke them all at once if I have that firepower to take them out in a way it's not going to be very difficult for me. 

That's interesting to hear. But do you think it's possible for you to Nuke them all with your firepower? 

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

Let's make one thing perfectly clear. You are the one who pointlessly criticized the movie over people being the "wrong" race, but not only that, you didn't get the ethnicity of the target of your comment correct. You called a half black English woman an Hispanic As explained by serval people people, it really wasn't important what the ethnicity of the actress was anyway, but instead of acknowledging the error of the comment, you do that instead. Nobody said anything stupid there apart from yourself, so that little dig at everyone for calling out the error is not fair and not apricated. All we did was talk some common sense. However, if want want to ignore said advice then you fell free to do so, just don't insult us for it.

I'm not trying to be racist, but I don't see the point in this, when Jill is American, as is Leon. 

Why so triggered? Sorry for being behind in my ethnicity distinguishing. 😙