Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

I'm not trying to be racist, but I don't see the point in this, when Jill is American, as is Leon. 

Why so triggered? Sorry for being behind in my ethnicity distinguishing. 😙

You may not be trying to be racist, well the fact is nobody tries. You are or you aren't. You say Jill is supposed to be American, so why was the issue the colour of her skin? It's common for Americans to have a mixed race or Latino heritage. Not to mention fact that all real Native Americans are dark skinned, so whatever way one looks at it your logic it is deeply flawed. If you were telling the truth that the actress wasn't "American" enough, why not a go at the fact actress is English? No matter what way I look at it, it doesn't make any sense!

And no, I'm not triggered, I'm concerned. And trust me when I tell you casually throwing the words "woke" and "triggered" around only makes you look worse. Enough of the insults and grow up a little if you don't mind.

Edited by Shagger

4 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I'm not trying to be racist, but I don't see the point in this, when Jill is American, as is Leon. 

Why so triggered? Sorry for being behind in my ethnicity distinguishing. 😙

That did come across as a bit of mockery whether you meant to or not. But the fact that you got the ethnicity of a character wrong shows the kind of person that claims something is woke as if there is a debate involved. It’s just plain demeaning to claim woke every time a person of different ethnicity gets a job. And then to ask why so triggered when you were the one who got triggered in the first place by complaining about skin color of characters. And if you don't know the 'ethnicity distinguishing' then don't say shit about it. 

I think E3 isn't going ahead this year because of the surge in COVID-19 cases. There will be another major gaming event this summer, though, and it will probably be held online. But I think any DLC for RE8 will be revealed prior to June. That's not likely to be promoted, giving how it's nearly one year old.

43 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

I think E3 isn't going ahead this year because of the surge in COVID-19 cases. There will be another major gaming event this summer, though, and it will probably be held online. But I think any DLC for RE8 will be revealed prior to June. That's not likely to be promoted, giving how it's nearly one year old.

Seriously, the surge in COVID-19 cases is really messing a lot of things up and don't be surprised that it may affect some game's release this year 2022. 

So if the remake of RE4 will be more horror in tone, I think some RE3.5-ish concepts will resurface, like that "Hook Man" idea they eventually didn't go with. But I'd definitely love a more creepy RE4, because as good as the original is, the game was not exactly renowned for being scary. In fact, the game had too much of a reliance on enemy numbers and things like evading boulders and pits. Hopefully they realize that's more annoying than fun. 

12 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

So if the remake of RE4 will be more horror in tone, I think some RE3.5-ish concepts will resurface, like that "Hook Man" idea they eventually didn't go with. But I'd definitely love a more creepy RE4, because as good as the original is, the game was not exactly renowned for being scary. In fact, the game had too much of a reliance on enemy numbers and things like evading boulders and pits. Hopefully they realize that's more annoying than fun. 

Seriously, I believe that Capcom knows exactly how to get the game horror filled if they want it so but why they keep drifting away from such concepts still worries me. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

RE4 is a horror game, that's exactly what the title said,all RE series are simply horror. It might not be scary to you, but to others, it is. 

Yeah, it's the best Resident Evil series which really represented what a real horror video game is all about. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

RE4 is a horror game, that's exactly what the title said,all RE series are simply horror. It might not be scary to you, but to others, it is. 

It depends. 

I think there's a few that are great in the game, like these enemies with the knives on their hands. 

But in general, it's not a game that is anywhere as atmospheric as the older titles. I think Revelations 2 did a better job of being creepy, despite being in third person. It's not a title many fans mention in the same breath, however.

7 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

It depends. 

I think there's a few that are great in the game, like these enemies with the knives on their hands. 

But in general, it's not a game that is anywhere as atmospheric as the older titles. I think Revelations 2 did a better job of being creepy, despite being in third person. It's not a title many fans mention in the same breath, however.

Between third person shooter and first person shooter in Resident Evil franchise, which is your favorite?