Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

What direction would you want Resident Evil to go in anyway? I feel like people are forgetting that the original RE games are notoriously outdated games, and most gamers today don't want to touch it. Mainly because of the dated controls. But I think gamers are more inclined to try the newer games than the older games, so they make these newer games to draw more fans in. 

idk, RE has gone in weird directions, but I think it's going into a direction it needs to go in. RE can't stay the same forever. They have to adapt and change the formula every so often, otherwise fans will lose interest. That's what I think anyway. 

They must have ran into issues. 8 months with no update. 

Besides, the base game is nearly a year old. I have never touched it again since I finished it last May. It's probably going to have prequel stories anyway. Likely something about Lady Dimitrescu. So that stuff about Chris and the former BSAA agents going to Europe, is probably on hold.

I had more enjoyment with Days Gone in 2019, quite honestly.

12 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

What direction would you want Resident Evil to go in anyway? I feel like people are forgetting that the original RE games are notoriously outdated games, and most gamers today don't want to touch it. Mainly because of the dated controls. But I think gamers are more inclined to try the newer games than the older games, so they make these newer games to draw more fans in. 

idk, RE has gone in weird directions, but I think it's going into a direction it needs to go in. RE can't stay the same forever. They have to adapt and change the formula every so often, otherwise fans will lose interest. That's what I think anyway. 

I don't know. They backed themselves into a corner after killing off Umbrella prematurely. Even then, they couldn't keep doing zombie games forever. But these days, it kind of feels like they just make things up as they go along. Like how they linked Miranda to Spencer, so there could be a connection to the plot throughout the older games.

However, The Evil Within 2 is actually scary and had an update where Bethesda added in an optional first person mode. But you could still play it in third person, as it was not compulsory. But I even felt the story and the gameplay in general was better than anything in RE8, and also the majority of the RE games since 2009. But nobody seems to support that game...

I think finding that commercial appeal is important too. So they have to tread carefully because a legacy series should try new things. But I think most fans who played the old ones will agree that they've drifted way off course with the fantasy elements. The really early games were more scientific based, or like a cool homage to George Romero. Now they've got vibes of the classic Hammer days. LOL! 

17 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Yeah.

Surely, Capcom must be close to revealing something by now. It has been 8 months.

I had gotten my hopes up too. 😄

They are definitely not planning on revealing anything on that even if it's 1 year which is just 4 months away. 

23 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

They must have ran into issues. 8 months with no update. 

Besides, the base game is nearly a year old. I have never touched it again since I finished it last May. It's probably going to have prequel stories anyway. Likely something about Lady Dimitrescu. So that stuff about Chris and the former BSAA agents going to Europe, is probably on hold.

I had more enjoyment with Days Gone in 2019, quite honestly.

Or they might not have any issues but being the ass that we have know them to be and keep mute till now. I did enjoyed with Days Gone in 2019.. 

On 2/22/2022 at 3:21 PM, Candy Stick said:

I don't know. They backed themselves into a corner after killing off Umbrella prematurely. Even then, they couldn't keep doing zombie games forever. But these days, it kind of feels like they just make things up as they go along. Like how they linked Miranda to Spencer, so there could be a connection to the plot throughout the older games.

However, The Evil Within 2 is actually scary and had an update where Bethesda added in an optional first person mode. But you could still play it in third person, as it was not compulsory. But I even felt the story and the gameplay in general was better than anything in RE8, and also the majority of the RE games since 2009. But nobody seems to support that game...

I think finding that commercial appeal is important too. So they have to tread carefully because a legacy series should try new things. But I think most fans who played the old ones will agree that they've drifted way off course with the fantasy elements. The really early games were more scientific based, or like a cool homage to George Romero. Now they've got vibes of the classic Hammer days. LOL! 

Yeah, but things can always be retconned. Where else can they go though? They're making up new stories, of course they're going to write it as they go. But I can see your point in the way it's gotten more fantasy driven. I didn't understand that change. 

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

Who knows what they were working on. Maybe they got awesome project they were working on, making them going exile for long in the video game frame. 

They ain't got anything they are working on in my opinion because if they ever did, they would've said something by now. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, but things can always be retconned. Where else can they go though? They're making up new stories, of course they're going to write it as they go. But I can see your point in the way it's gotten more fantasy driven. I didn't understand that change. 

It's a change targeted at the money they would be making from the game. They feel the change is what's required to push up their sales number. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I really don't know what's running in their mind. I just hope Capcom get something doing and reveal it on time before it gets too late. 

The only thing that is going through their mind is how they are going to make more money not minding how they get it without giving fans what they want.