Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

There's a PlayStation event next month. I hope they have RE news, as it has been such a quiet time.

If you want to discuss the next State of Play or speculate about what the next Resident Evil Release, then I would suggest starting new topics instead of bumping this one.

This has already gone of topic several times.  Speculation about the next State of Play in particular is clearly not on topic here especially when (as I can tell) there's evidence or even really any rumours that a Resident Evil announcement is even going to feature.  Even if there was, it's still not really on topic.

7 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

There's a PlayStation event next month. I hope they have RE news, as it has been such a quiet time.

When was the last time they had such event hosted? I think it's been a very long time now such happened. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

When was the last time they had such event hosted? I think it's been a very long time now such happened. 

For RE in particular, I'm not sure. They had some things at E3 and they've been updating their site a bit lately, but I think this is one of the absolute most boring times to be a fan. 

You see, I don't play a wide range of games. In fact, I have a big collection of horror themed games from over the years, but I just never feel motivated to play games as much as I used to. 

I suffer from anxiety and depression a lot now, too.

4 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Your kidding me right?  It was 3 weeks ago about GT7.  I told YOU specifically about it!

Yeah, you did mentioned that to me. I guess I must have forgotten it but thanks for jogging my memory on that for me. 

On 2/27/2022 at 12:37 AM, Heatman said:

There was another thread... I think it's on Toxic community where he dropped the post he made on the forum and they had him banned immediately. 

i think I saw the comment there on the topic of 'Toxic community here on VGR. It's not good at all, banning the user for nothing, such admin doesn't want growth in his or her community, I see.

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

i think I saw the comment there on the topic of 'Toxic community here on VGR. It's not good at all, banning the user for nothing, such admin doesn't want growth in his or her community, I see.

They are actually not looking at growing their community but to accept one ideology and make sure all of their members goes by it. 

Well, I have kind of realized that the entire Resident Evil community is just awkward and hard to please, in general. This is why I don't talk about it on YouTube anymore. Besides, it's difficult to get noticed these days, with forums being mostly dead, and YouTube having shills with bigger, more widely promoted content. You're just gonna be buried. 

But it is boring having no sense of community online in this day of age. However, I do occasionally find a person on YouTube who speaks from the heart. These are the people I appreciate. But with the large channels, you can tell they just act optimistic, for to gain free merchandise. The Residence of Evil channel has the voice actor for Duke in RE8 doing advertising for them. Talk about being loyal lapdogs for Capcom.

I could honestly care much less about view counts and the amount of subscribers, AKA the sheep that keep telling Capcom that doing bland remakes with cut content is the way to go. But I care about what I hear in the video or broadcast, way more than the popularity of the individual. Not how many people are present. 

It's just not how I see the digital world. 

5 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

Well, I have kind of realized that the entire Resident Evil community is just awkward and hard to please, in general. This is why I don't talk about it on YouTube anymore. Besides, it's difficult to get noticed these days, with forums being mostly dead, and YouTube having shills with bigger, more widely promoted content. You're just gonna be buried. 

But it is boring having no sense of community online in this day of age. However, I do occasionally find a person on YouTube who speaks from the heart. These are the people I appreciate. But with the large channels, you can tell they just act optimistic, for to gain free merchandise. The Residence of Evil channel has the voice actor for Duke in RE8 doing advertising for them. Talk about being loyal lapdogs for Capcom.

I could honestly care much less about view counts and the amount of subscribers, AKA the sheep that keep telling Capcom that doing bland remakes with cut content is the way to go. But I care about what I hear in the video or broadcast, way more than the popularity of the individual. Not how many people are present. 

It's just not how I see the digital world. 

It's actually why I'm very picky when it comes to the YouTubers that I make use of when it comes to getting opinions on games. 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

They are actually not looking at growing their community but to accept one ideology and make sure all of their members goes by it. 

Exactly, if Admin is truly looking for members to flock the forums and becoming more active with lots of users it could've been very possible. Just that, he needs people who can contribute mainly about video games, with more understanding of it. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think that I have stayed away from playing Resident Evil 4 for a while now, maybe I should give it a try today and see how I reconnect. 

It's actually why I really love what Capcom did with the game Resident Evil 4. If most of their games are that way, we wouldn't be nagging them. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Capcom tried in the game RE-4, apart from that one, RE-7 is excellent too. Plus other numerous series aside from RE, all make sense. 

Personally, I'm more concerned and comfortable with older Capcom's Resident Evil games like RE 2 and not the new ones. 

Resident Evil is a hit game and movie franchise. I believe it is one of the best games for those who like horror game/movies, or games/movies about zombies. However, I am not into this genre or the game.