Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

12 hours ago, egghead said:

Resident Evil is a hit game and movie franchise. I believe it is one of the best games for those who like horror game/movies, or games/movies about zombies. However, I am not into this genre or the game.

Most of my friends are into the movie aspect of Resident Evil more than the video games. I don't mind the both either. 

On 2/28/2022 at 4:29 AM, Candy Stick said:

Well, I have kind of realized that the entire Resident Evil community is just awkward and hard to please, in general. This is why I don't talk about it on YouTube anymore. Besides, it's difficult to get noticed these days, with forums being mostly dead, and YouTube having shills with bigger, more widely promoted content. You're just gonna be buried.

That's kinda how it is for most big time franchises. Resident Evil has a big fanbase and it can be a mixed bag sometimes. All big franchises/brands/etc will have a fan base mixed on what they want. Some will want to go into a new direction, while others want to go back to the way the franchise was. 

17 hours ago, egghead said:

Resident Evil is a hit game and movie franchise. I believe it is one of the best games for those who like horror game/movies, or games/movies about zombies. However, I am not into this genre or the game.

I have been with the movie franchise of Resident Evil more than I have ever played their video games and it's why their games matter to me. 

The mainstream movies by Paul Anderson are not really related to the games, besides the ideas being recycled to a degree. But the animated movies are in fact supposed to be connected to the events of the games, in a sense. They still feel like they are purposefully self-contained, as if they are intended as spin off, James Bond style adventures.

They technically are. 

But anyway, this long ass wait for the DLC for RE8, is boring as hell. 

13 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

But anyway, this long ass wait for the DLC for RE8, is boring as hell. 

Well, for your information, the wait is just getting started because they aren't making any moves at all about it. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Well, for your information, the wait is just getting started because they aren't making any moves at all about it. 

They announced it at E3, in June. I don't think they intended to have DLC from the beginning, like they did with RE7. It was more like a request from the fans. 

Surely, it cannot be too much longer now. The game is nearly a year old. 

40 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

They announced it at E3, in June. I don't think they intended to have DLC from the beginning, like they did with RE7. It was more like a request from the fans. 

A year is definitely going to run out and turn into 2 years and a lot more. If they were serious about it, they would have done something by now. 

The DLC for RE7 was meant to come out 2 months after the base game. There was quality concerns, so Capcom postponed the launch of it by 9 months. We didn't receive it until December of 2017, when it was supposed to be released in March of that year. 

In this case, they are doing it from possibly scrapped content. So whatever was intended to be in the main game, will likely be going into the post release stuff. But as of yet, nothing has been verified about what it is, exactly. 

Some news got around before that Ada Wong was going to be disguised as a plague doctor and be sent on a mission to retrieve something. Because it was an odd fit for the story surrounding Ethan Winters, they didn't go ahead with that at the time. It probably would have felt too much like RE4, in which she also got sent to a village, where as you know, she was reunited with Leon Kennedy. 

34 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

The DLC for RE7 was meant to come out 2 months after the base game. There was quality concerns, so Capcom postponed the launch of it by 9 months. We didn't receive it until December of 2017, when it was supposed to be released in March of that year. 

In this case, they are doing it from possibly scrapped content. So whatever was intended to be in the main game, will likely be going into the post release stuff. But as of yet, nothing has been verified about what it is, exactly. 

Some news got around before that Ada Wong was going to be disguised as a plague doctor and be sent on a mission to retrieve something. Because it was an odd fit for the story surrounding Ethan Winters, they didn't go ahead with that at the time. It probably would have felt too much like RE4, in which she also got sent to a village, where as you know, she was reunited with Leon Kennedy. 

I will definitely be looking forward to what they are going to cook up with the character of Ada Wong. It's something that's going to make a lot of sense. 

21 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Let's see if they have it cooked up already for us this year and if fails to come out, I will end up quest for waiting for it. 

OK. So perhaps I haven't gave up on the series. Maybe I can just say that I have a personal preference for the ones released before 2005. Or the "ones with the zombies" as others jokingly point out. But I suppose with the landscape of the series changing all of the time, that's all up to Capcom in that they have that say more than we may want to admit it. 

People often say to me that if Capcom incorporated things into the games like vampires and lycanthropy, that's their decision, because there isn't any "rules" that object to that, just because earlier games had different enemy types and gameplay styles. To them, it means nothing. However, I think fans will probably think they ran afoul of changes that don't necessarily suit the tone or the establishment up to this point in history, or whatever it is supposed to be. 

I think with some franchises, people mistakingly believe that the first entry of anything then sets the bar, and that everything has to remain similar for fear of it selling-out, being not as good as it used to, or something to the effect. However, I do think in some ways, that's what they did, but then everybody says it needed to make these changes, to adapt to the marketing target. It's a hard pill to swallow, but the series may not be around today if they didn't do the decision making they underwent years ago.

When was that? In 2004? 

10 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

OK. So perhaps I haven't gave up on the series. Maybe I can just say that I have a personal preference for the ones released before 2005. Or the "ones with the zombies" as others jokingly point out. But I suppose with the landscape of the series changing all of the time, that's all up to Capcom in that they have that say more than we may want to admit it. 

People often say to me that if Capcom incorporated things into the games like vampires and lycanthropy, that's their decision, because there isn't any "rules" that object to that, just because earlier games had different enemy types and gameplay styles. To them, it means nothing. However, I think fans will probably think they ran afoul of changes that don't necessarily suit the tone or the establishment up to this point in history, or whatever it is supposed to be. 

I think with some franchises, people mistakingly believe that the first entry of anything then sets the bar, and that everything has to remain similar for fear of it selling-out, being not as good as it used to, or something to the effect. However, I do think in some ways, that's what they did, but then everybody says it needed to make these changes, to adapt to the marketing target. It's a hard pill to swallow, but the series may not be around today if they didn't do the decision making they underwent years ago.

When was that? In 2004? 

Lycanthropy is werewolves right? I think that it's something that's going to change all the initial perspective of the game.