Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

Yeah the movie franchise for it was awful. I didn't like any of the films, even the first one. I don't even like the newer movie that came out, just felt boring. Also the zombies looked kinda bad. 

But yeah. Maybe one day we'll get a studio that will make a faithful adaptation of the franchise.

Something I find weird, is that how come nobody knew the village was there all along? Surely people would pass through that region. They're bound to know it's a real place. Despite the werewolves, the vampires, and Duke of course, that's just so odd.

But whatever, right? It's just a game. 😅

2 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Something I find weird, is that how come nobody knew the village was there all along? Surely people would pass through that region. They're bound to know it's a real place. Despite the werewolves, the vampires, and Duke of course, that's just so odd.

But whatever, right? It's just a game. 😅

It's just a game that we should enjoy no matter how much we look at the shortcomings. Resident evil can't be liked by everyone, but I enjoyed watching the movie and now the game. 

RE4 and RE8 are practically similar games. You go through a village, then end up in a castle. Later on, you are at a reservoir and then a factory. It's basically just the same type of places per each game. 

I think Capcom wanted everybody to buy RE8 because of the fact they virtually copied just about everything from RE4, and I reckon they did that because it is more hype for the upcoming remake. 🤑

3 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

RE4 and RE8 are practically similar games. You go through a village, then end up in a castle. Later on, you are at a reservoir and then a factory. It's basically just the same type of places per each game. 

I think Capcom wanted everybody to buy RE8 because of the fact they virtually copied just about everything from RE4, and I reckon they did that because it is more hype for the upcoming remake. 🤑

Yeah exactly, it's just why you get to see how the Resident Evil 8 took in good sales figures just like Resident Evil 4 did as well. 

6 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

From my experience, gamers are always interested in remakes especially when they are made well. Capcom knows that's and they are willing to take advantage. 

On 3/3/2022 at 5:16 AM, Heatman said:

I have been with the movie franchise of Resident Evil more than I have ever played their video games and it's why their games matter to me. 

I am not much interested in the genre (in movies as well as games), therefore, Resident Evil never impressed me much. Having said that I find Milla Jovovich very appealing.

48 minutes ago, egghead said:

I am not much interested in the genre (in movies as well as games), therefore, Resident Evil never impressed me much. Having said that I find Milla Jovovich very appealing.

It was only the first part release of the Resident Evil movie that did interest me more than the rest. As for the game, it was the RE4 for me. 

One way to think about all of these newer games, is to just consider them spin-offs from the original series. Maybe we're not meant to see the new RE games as the traditional RE games, but as new stories within that world. So, you can say that the newer games are more their own thing, while the past games are more about the virus and zombies. The newer games are more about science fiction ish than horror. Does that make sense? 

Maybe they're just going off of the name, Resident Evil. That evil could be anything, as long as it's an infected being. What do you think? 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

One way to think about all of these newer games, is to just consider them spin-offs from the original series. Maybe we're not meant to see the new RE games as the traditional RE games, but as new stories within that world. So, you can say that the newer games are more their own thing, while the past games are more about the virus and zombies. The newer games are more about science fiction ish than horror. Does that make sense? 

Maybe they're just going off of the name, Resident Evil. That evil could be anything, as long as it's an infected being. What do you think? 

Seriously, it definitely looks like the memo they are copying from and they have dragged different stories into and out of the game. 

Developers bring the sequels in order to keep people playing the same game in different setting. It is also easier for developer to develop sequel compared to the original game. hat's why a lot of games have sequels.