Jump to content
Register Now
Candy Stick

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

Recommended Posts

It's actually the same pattern that they are setting up for themselves which is why I wouldn't feel any sorry for them once it begins to cave in on them just like the lawsuits are pilling up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's actually the same pattern that they are setting up for themselves which is why I wouldn't feel any sorry for them once it begins to cave in on them just like the lawsuits are pilling up. 

Is resident evil devs 'Capcom facing any charges in the court of law? I don't think it's worst for the company at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Is resident evil devs 'Capcom facing any charges in the court of law? I don't think it's worst for the company at the moment. 

You are not even well informed or updated if I'm to use that word. They are facing more than one lawsuit. 

Take your time and read through their lawsuit on copyright infringement. 

https://www.polygon.com/22519568/resident-evil-4-copyright-infringement-lawsuit-capcom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

You are not even well informed or updated if I'm to use that word. They are facing more than one lawsuit. 

Take your time and read through their lawsuit on copyright infringement. 

https://www.polygon.com/22519568/resident-evil-4-copyright-infringement-lawsuit-capcom

I took my time to see what's happening with Capcom, what you said is simply the true facts. They are into hot water by using series of unlicenced image rights of artists. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Nah. I don't think Capcom can rebound from their past failures. To be honest, these remakes and first person games are probably all they have left. They're also never going to clear up any of the loose ends, like those in games such as RE6. Any game that ends up a failure, they ignore it, but it's still considered to be canon.

I think Capcom and Konami go hand in hand anyway. Years ago, Konami decided to be stupid and let go of Team Silent. That was truly the end of the Silent Hill franchise, and not just because of their massive falling out with Hideo Kojima, which happened much later on. Yet people seem to think Kojima was the mastermind behind the series from the beginning, when he wasn't. He only worked on one game, where we received nothing more than a demo, for a game that was ultimately cancelled. But Google his name. He is talked about more than Team Silent is. That's rather sad. 

Of course, that he left, certainly didn't help matters. But Konami were on a slippery slope beforehand. So in a similar way, Shinji Mikami not being with Capcom any more, is why Capcom is free to disgrace it more and more. But really. Konami ruined the series long before Kojima's departure. Capcom's obviously just going with the flow today, and copying everything. Hence their lawsuits.

 

What happened to Konami should have been a good lesson to any other game company out there but it's sad that they don't even consider that and still follow in the same pattern expecting different results. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

What happened to Konami should have been a good lesson to any other game company out there but it's sad that they don't even consider that and still follow in the same pattern expecting different results. 

Exactly, that's what they should have been doing but sometimes they seem to act as if their head is in their ass with some of the polices they make use of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At times they behave inhuman not considering others own welfare in their games. In order to encourage more people yo keep on buying us ability to reduce the prices of the games, in order for the less privileged to afford it too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, that's what they should have been doing but sometimes they seem to act as if their head is in their ass with some of the polices they make use of. 

Well, I believe that in the end, they are definitely going to pay the heavy price like others before them did. The clock is ticking for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How original.

https://kotaku.com/resident-evil-6-vs-gears-of-war-3-a-slide-by-slide-co-5948537

Ah, so Capcom was copying Gears of War after all! 🤣 

It's not surprising. Capcom is always copying something. Hell, even RE7 which people claimed was a return to form, just copied scenes from different classic horror movies. So that's not innovative at all.

But hey - I know just about everybody else out there will constantly defend Capcom. Except people like us, of course! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

How original.

https://kotaku.com/resident-evil-6-vs-gears-of-war-3-a-slide-by-slide-co-5948537

Ah, so Capcom was copying Gears of War after all! 🤣 

It's not surprising. Capcom is always copying something. Hell, even RE7 which people claimed was a return to form, just copied scenes from different classic horror movies. So that's not innovative at all.

But hey - I know just about everybody else out there will constantly defend Capcom. Except people like us, of course! 

Seriously, I'm not surprised. Most of these companies copy themselves all the time. It's not a new thing. Just like a lot copied in the making of Skyrim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (which I will admit, I loved), you go to a dam. Something isn't functioning, so you cannot cross the water. You need to repair something.

Just about everything else is the same. You use a work bench. There's even a part of the game where you hunt rabbits in the winter, like what Ellie had to do. Since Capcom's game came out in 2015, there's no way people can say they didn't rip off a game that was released only 2 years prior to this, in 2013. 

The Vulcanblubber is a mini boss and is almost the same as the Bloater, really. There's only a slight difference. Vulcanblubbers launch fireballs, but the Bloaters toss fungal spores as other Infected chase you. After the fight ends, you leave via a window in almost the same position to the left side. So it's certainly copying, as the Afflicted basically are the same as the Infected. Ha-ha.

Ooh, Capcom! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

In Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (which I will admit, I loved), you go to a dam. Something isn't functioning, so you cannot cross the water. You need to repair something.

Just about everything else is the same. You use a work bench. There's even a part of the game where you hunt rabbits in the winter, like what Ellie had to do. Since Capcom's game came out in 2015, there's no way people can say they didn't rip off a game that was released only 2 years prior to this, in 2013. 

The Vulcanblubber is a mini boss and is almost the same as the Bloater, really. There's only a slight difference. Vulcanblubbers launch fireballs, but the Bloaters toss fungal spores as other Infected chase you. After the fight ends, you leave via a window in almost the same position to the left side. So it's certainly copying, as the Afflicted basically are the same as the Infected. Ha-ha.

Ooh, Capcom! 

It's why they would keep getting tons of lawsuits up against them whenever those copied would feel to sue. They are getting nailed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

In Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (which I will admit, I loved), you go to a dam. Something isn't functioning, so you cannot cross the water. You need to repair something.

Just about everything else is the same. You use a work bench. There's even a part of the game where you hunt rabbits in the winter, like what Ellie had to do. Since Capcom's game came out in 2015, there's no way people can say they didn't rip off a game that was released only 2 years prior to this, in 2013. 

The Vulcanblubber is a mini boss and is almost the same as the Bloater, really. There's only a slight difference. Vulcanblubbers launch fireballs, but the Bloaters toss fungal spores as other Infected chase you. After the fight ends, you leave via a window in almost the same position to the left side. So it's certainly copying, as the Afflicted basically are the same as the Infected. Ha-ha.

Ooh, Capcom! 

idk, I think generations of games take inspiration from one another. I could argue it's like Dead Island since it too had workbenches. Unless I'm confusing this with something else. Are you saying that Resident Evil is copying The Last of Us? Maybe I missed something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not on my laptop just now, so it's hard to compose this message with screenshots and stuff, but here's a few videos for comparison. 

It's hard to find the exact points for everything I talked about, as people just post the gameplay without specifying the parts. But trust me - Capcom copied Naughty Dog...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I'm not on my laptop just now, so it's hard to compose this message with screenshots and stuff, but here's a few videos for comparison. 

It's hard to find the exact points for everything I talked about, as people just post the gameplay without specifying the parts. But trust me - Capcom copied Naughty Dog...

 

Now, the real question is that since it's very obvious that Capcom copied Naughty Dog...why haven't Naughty Dog sued them till now? Or have they? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...