Register Now
Heatman

Which video games companies you wouldn't pre order games from?

There are so many video games companies out there that makes a lot of games such as Activision Blizzard, Rockstar, EA, Ubisoft, Sledgehammer etc. But there are bigger evil and lesser evils amongst them. Which one of them would you never pre order games from and for what reason? 

On 11/21/2021 at 1:10 AM, killamch89 said:

Totally agree - Pre-orders always come with some delicious lies and then the release is so disappointing that you feel like kicking yourself for ever doing that.

It's the norm with just most all games pre orders now. It's really a shame that they don't keep their words with what they promise in pre orders. 

I only preorder for games I want to play on day one with my friends. Not so much of an issue for those using physical media or with fast internet connections but waiting for content to come out verifying a good port + downloading a modern game and it's been out 2 days for me. For games I know I'm going to be playing with friends, the risk is worth it.

On 11/20/2021 at 10:42 PM, m76 said:

At this point I don't think there is any I'd pre-order from.

As for now, I think that it's only Square Enix that I would be open to making any pre order from if they make any new games that are worth it. 

45 minutes ago, Heatman said:

As for now, I think that it's only Square Enix that I would be open to making any pre order from if they make any new games that are worth it. 

You serious? They'd be first on my don't touch with a 10 foot pole list. After the travesty that was avengers, outriders, and now the uninspired guardians of the galaxy.

8 hours ago, Oblivion Knight said:

There seems to be little reason to pre-order these days.. Especially when sales come around shortly after have a tendency to immediately knock 30% off the RRP.

Patience is a virtue.

PS5 have been on a scarcity but it never pushed many gamers from considering the option to pre-order it. Instead they kept their cool, and waiting for the console's full release to become readily available before purchase. 

23 hours ago, m76 said:

You serious? They'd be first on my don't touch with a 10 foot pole list. After the travesty that was avengers, outriders, and now the uninspired guardians of the galaxy.

I haven't played guardians of the galaxy, so I can't really say much about the game and how it is but as for Avengers, the game's combat system was quite a thing. Apart from the game's lack of substantial content and repetition that marred it.