Register Now
ZandraJoi

Atari, old system

On 2/25/2022 at 8:47 PM, Altair said:

There is charm in the simplicity of Atari games. I love playing the atari 2600.  My second favorite console behind C64. Right now however I have been playing atari flashback.  

Some people would argue that the complexity in gaming systems pushed off systems like Atari and other systems like it but some good old gamers who love classic games still appreciate it and play as well. 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:58 PM, Heatman said:

Some people would argue that the complexity in gaming systems pushed off systems like Atari and other systems like it but some good old gamers who love classic games still appreciate it and play as well. 

I'm right here. I typically don't go much past N64, with an exception or 2. I've been playing my SNES the most as of late. I'm thinking of hooking up either my NES or N64 soon but haven't decided. I may go with Sega Genesis, or Atari 2600. I just can't make up my damn mind.

☹️

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm right here. I typically don't go much past N64, with an exception or 2. I've been playing my SNES the most as of late. I'm thinking of hooking up either my NES or N64 soon but haven't decided. I may go with Sega Genesis, or Atari 2600. I just can't make up my damn mind.

☹️

Since you have played more on SNES, I would suggest giving your Sega Genesis a chance and explore more on it like you have done SNES games. 

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've played both systems pretty much equally. it's just that I have had the SNES hooked up for a while. I've played the games I have on it so much, that I'm starting to burn out on them.

It was the same thing that happened with me playing on my PS2. I kept on playing to the extent that the games became more like a routine and there wasn't much fun in it like it used to be. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

One of my favorite games on Atari 2600 back then was Eggomania. It's an action video game where catching of eggs was so much fun. 

I was always really partial to Q*Bert and Pitfall. I'm not sure why, but they were always my favorite games on Atari.