Register Now
ZandraJoi

Live action role-playing game

A live action role-playing game is a form of role-playing game where the participants physically portray their characters. Abbreviated to LARP. From what I understand, it’s set apart from cosplay as it deals with performance art rather than visual art. I only heard of this on a recent TV show I watched. So I was wondering who has tried this & what did you think?

2 hours ago, m76 said:

We all roleplayed as kids,it's part of being a kid, playing cowboy, firefighter, builder, or whatever. I don't think it would be quite as fun as an adult.

I'm not going to lie - it looks hilarious watching it especially when they roleplay D&D. I personally think it just looks very clumsy and awkward as an adult.

On 11/20/2021 at 10:47 PM, m76 said:

We all roleplayed as kids,it's part of being a kid, playing cowboy, firefighter, builder, or whatever. I don't think it would be quite as fun as an adult.

Seriously, I did that very well especially with Mortal Kombat games and Jacki chan movies. We role played a lot of those guys. 

On 11/21/2021 at 1:07 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm not going to lie - it looks hilarious watching it especially when they roleplay D&D. I personally think it just looks very clumsy and awkward as an adult.

Adults still do it today with their kids. I can remember seeing a video on Instagram where a father was role playing Star Wars with his son and it was so hilarious. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

Adults still do it today with their kids. I can remember seeing a video on Instagram where a father was role playing Star Wars with his son and it was so hilarious. 

I believe that I actually saw a video like that as well on Instagram where the father and the son we are actually shooting each other and the father first hit the son and the son fell pretending to be dead, when the father was about to check up on him and he shot him then as well. It was quite hilarious.

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

I believe that I actually saw a video like that as well on Instagram where the father and the son we are actually shooting each other and the father first hit the son and the son fell pretending to be dead, when the father was about to check up on him and he shot him then as well. It was quite hilarious.

It was that same video you watched my friend and the turning point in the video for me was when the kid pretended to be dead and shot his dad. He never expected that kind of trick from the young lad. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It was that same video you watched my friend and the turning point in the video for me was when the kid pretended to be dead and shot his dad. He never expected that kind of trick from the young lad. 

Haha, it was the expression on his face and reactions when the son shot it that got me so cracking up so hard. He never expected it. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Hmm, why did the child take such bold step in the movie to shoot his dad at the forehead? Something must have caused it, I simply need someone to throw more light to me. 

Don't seem to get it do you? Do you know what role playing is all about? Like when you are acting to be someone's else after watching the person? 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Hmm, why did the child take such bold step in the movie to shoot his dad at the forehead? Something must have caused it, I simply need someone to throw more light to me. 

They are just role playing or acting what they watched in Star wars : The last Jedi most likely. It's how the son tricked the dad to shoot him. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

They are just role playing or acting what they watched in Star wars : The last Jedi most likely. It's how the son tricked the dad to shoot him. 

That's hilarious, but cruel had it been it occurred real life. I know it's simply fantasy fictional stories which is recreated into gaming, impressive.