Register Now
kingpotato

Gym

Part of growing up means that your body is not the same as before, when I was in my early 20s I used to eat a whole pizza and drink beer every weekend and I stilll managed to be in skinny and in good shape. But since the pandemic started I maintained this life style of no excersice and junk food every weekend and with in two years I actually gained about 10 kilos or 22 pounds. So I decided to start going to the gym and a healthy diet one month ago today and the results are starting to kick in, I lost 3 kilos or 6.5 pounds, my stamina doubled, my beer belly is practically gone and abs are starting to show up hahaha xD never had them before so it cracks me up to see my small abs 😆 Anyway I just wanted to share my experience and wanted to know if anybody here excersices on a regular basis as well and what has been your experience ?

On a side note I really do miss playing videogames on the weekends eating a slice of pizza and good beer 😢

45 minutes ago, Shagger said:

You disappoint me. With a name like Kingpotato it just feels wrong for you to anything other than ruler of couch potatoes.

Joking aside, good for you mate.

Unfortunately my rule has come to an end hahaha 😆
Thank you 😁

I wish I could exercise. I miss going for a run, lifting weights (yes girls do lift weights), or even doing a pushup. Now since the MD has taken a complete hold of my life, the most strenuous activity I can do is climb in and out of the shower. And I have to have a shower chair or sit on the floor.😢

But the thing I miss the most, is going out into the woods for an all day hike. I would give my life and my soul to be able to do that just one more time.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:51 PM, The Blackangel said:

I wish I could exercise. I miss going for a run, lifting weights (yes girls do lift weights), or even doing a pushup. Now since the MD has taken a complete hold of my life, the most strenuous activity I can do is climb in and out of the shower. And I have to have a shower chair or sit on the floor.😢

But the thing I miss the most, is going out into the woods for an all day hike. I would give my life and my soul to be able to do that just one more time.

Please forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by MD?

On 1/3/2022 at 6:02 AM, Sharon said:

I think that's fantastic that you've taken initiative and recognize that you need to care of yourself. I haven't joined the gym but I have made it priority to work in better nutrition and exercise more. 

Thank you, best wishes for you as well. Its good to exercise a lit bit from time to time, we dont want to become the fat guy from South park's World of warcraft episode by our late 30s 😆

On 1/3/2022 at 2:51 PM, The Blackangel said:

I know what you mean, all my life I avoided exercise since I was born with spina bifida and I always though I couldnt do any type of exercise , but I was getting fat and that was worsening my condition so I had to do something about it. I try to avoid any heavy exercise from the waist down and I focus mostly on lifts. I as well have to use a chair to shower, the last time I tried to shower standing up I ended up with a broken toe 😆

On 1/6/2022 at 3:41 PM, Lämmchen said:

Congratulations on getting healthier!! I don't like going to gyms and using equipment other people have touched (that's before covid even!) but I love to go on long hikes. Every time there is a warm day I like to get out to the park and do a few miles.

Yeah that was one of my concerns as well but they are very strict about it, the gym itself is pretty big and there is a lot of space between the machines and everybody carries their own antibacterial spray and towel to clean the machine before and after using it. The only thing I dont like is using the facemask when exercising, I tend to sweat a lot and is hard to breath when I use the running trackmill.

It's a neuromuscular disease. It deteriorates the muscles of the body, and also affects the brain and heart. The heart is a muscle after all. Over time a person gets weaker and weaker. The form of MD that I have is actually terminal. My life expectancy is not much past 50, if that.

But that's not what this thread is about. So lets get back to talking about going to the gym here.

Edited by The Blackangel

I'd like to get back into doing dumbbells, at least at home.  I don't like gyms that much cause of the obnoxious environment.   Anyway, I've never wanted to get buff or anything. I just like the way it feels and to get slightly toned looking.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:15 PM, Jayson said:

I'd like to get back into doing dumbbells, at least at home.  I don't like gyms that much cause of the obnoxious environment.   Anyway, I've never wanted to get buff or anything. I just like the way it feels and to get slightly toned looking.

You should get a pair, I just recently got a pair of 10lbs and 20lbs to workout at home. They are not as good quality like the ones at a gym but they do the job. And as for being buff I dont think its possible with our lifestyle xD the buff guys at my gym are there every single day, I dont think they even have a life outside the gym.