Register Now
Sharon

How do you feel about Gamestop?

24 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

GameStop is exactly the same. There are tons of reports though, of management treating the employees like shit, and it being an extremely toxic place to work, however. But I still shop there. And if I have a question about a game, they are always knowledgeable and more than ready to help.

Those that are being treated well and are still happy being on the job will definitely do their job very well with all pleasure. 

There was a lot of hype earlier when a bunch of people collaborated and purchased the Gamestop stock when it was really low on volume. A lot of them sold when the value shot up. I grabbed a piece of the pie toward the later part of the hype but I haven't sold yet.

13 hours ago, Sharon said:

There was a lot of hype earlier when a bunch of people collaborated and purchased the Gamestop stock when it was really low on volume. A lot of them sold when the value shot up. I grabbed a piece of the pie toward the later part of the hype but I haven't sold yet.

Anyone whether it's a gamer or not that have good eyes of taking up a good business opportunity wouldn't pass up such chance. 

On 12/1/2021 at 1:23 PM, The Blackangel said:

GameStop is exactly the same. There are tons of reports though, of management treating the employees like shit, and it being an extremely toxic place to work, however. But I still shop there. And if I have a question about a game, they are always knowledgeable and more than ready to help.

Yeah most of the time the employees are awesome. There is for sure abuse by the management side of the company. They don't usually care for their employees. But it's nice to hear some people are being treated well. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah most of the time the employees are awesome. There is for sure abuse by the management side of the company. They don't usually care for their employees. But it's nice to hear some people are being treated well. 

They aren't the only video games companies that do that. It's really awful that this happens a lot in the gaming industry. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

They aren't the only video games companies that do that. It's really awful that this happens a lot in the gaming industry. 

Looking at what the company Activision has been doing to their staff over the years and more recently says a lot. 

It's seeming to me at least, that working in the video game industry at any level is an extremely toxic occupation. It doesn't matter whether you're the designer, actors, or retail seller. The position you hold is irrelevant. Jobs in gaming have become so toxic that I don't know whether to feel bad about buying new games, or if it even matters at any level. My $60 isn't going to make or break any company. But do we, as gamers, have to take any responsibility for the abuse in the industry? That's the question I want a coherent and unbiased answer to. But considering that everyone will have a different view, I don't think we could ever get an unbiased answer to that question.

35 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

It's seeming to me at least, that working in the video game industry at any level is an extremely toxic occupation. It doesn't matter whether you're the designer, actors, or retail seller. The position you hold is irrelevant. Jobs in gaming have become so toxic that I don't know whether to feel bad about buying new games, or if it even matters at any level. My $60 isn't going to make or break any company. But do we, as gamers, have to take any responsibility for the abuse in the industry? That's the question I want a coherent and unbiased answer to. But considering that everyone will have a different view, I don't think we could ever get an unbiased answer to that question.

The only way that I think we gamers can actually take any responsibility for what happens in the gaming industry would be to stop buying any company's games that kept abusing their workers but that's like an impossible task. 

Well, in the UK, we have a shop simply called Game. However, my local Game was turned into a Savers. This is likely because people buy things online now, but I think there's still a branch at Fort Kinnaird, which is also local to myself. 

For DVDs, I used to love going to the big HMV on Princes Street. Unfortunately, it closed down years ago, so now there's really only Fopp on Rose Street, besides cash in hand shops dotted about all over. But Fopp has categories, making it easier to browse through them. I'm sure HMV owns Fopp as a subsidiary. But HMV still has a site.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Here in the states, we have Vintage Stock. They have a ton of movies, games, music, comics, and random collectibles. They sell replicas like the Master Sword, and Clouds bigass sword from FF7. They also sell real weapons like sai's, and nunchuks.

Are you kidding me about them being allowed to sell real weapons like sai's, and nunchuks? There must be a law against that at least that they have to get permission for?