Register Now
Sharon

How do you feel about Gamestop?

On 1/4/2022 at 7:41 AM, skyfire said:

I wonder with growing digital downloads, what plans they have for reducing revenue. 

It's a matter of fact that the digital downloads is definitely going to surge as the use of technology advances and gets better and better. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's a matter of fact that the digital downloads is definitely going to surge as the use of technology advances and gets better and better. 

Exactly, I can't really remember when last I purchased physical copies of games. It's been all digital downloads ever since and it's the best in my opinion. 

45 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Digital copies have advantage more than disadvantage. You can simply exchange your digital copy video games with someone online living in another demographic, but such isn't viable if you own a hard copy of the game. 

They were made for the purpose of giving an edge to the physical copies of games which is being of some weird challenge for gamers. 

52 minutes ago, Heatman said:

They were made for the purpose of giving an edge to the physical copies of games which is being of some weird challenge for gamers. 

I understand that it is difficult to go 100% digital when it matters to gaming. But such is where video game companies are going, they are simply making more of digital versions than the hard copy versions. 

15 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I understand that it is difficult to go 100% digital when it matters to gaming. But such is where video game companies are going, they are simply making more of digital versions than the hard copy versions. 

I actually do believe that in no distant time that all video games set up is going to be done digitally and it's only going to get better. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

I actually do believe that in no distant time that all video games set up is going to be done digitally and it's only going to get better. 

That's my believe too, and soon the hard copy of games won't be in existence any more, it will be replaced by the digital soft copies. 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:47 PM, Justin11 said:

I heard gamestop wanted to start selling digital games. Did you guys hear about that? I don't think it'd save them. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I heard gamestop wanted to start selling digital games. Did you guys hear about that? I don't think it'd save them. 

I never visited there for a long time now, I wouldn't know if such kind of update exist. It's interesting as you've gotten about the info. Can you share the link here let me read through? 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

They wouldn't even get lots of gamers to stick with them and as such, they might sell a little bit but it won't be a big thing. 

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Gamestop is going to share the safe fate as blockbuster, I buy a lot from gamestop but sooner or later gamestop will dissapear

From how they have positioned for a while now, it's obvious that they wouldn't last too long in the gaming industry business. 

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Gamestop is going to share the safe fate as blockbuster, I buy a lot from gamestop but sooner or later gamestop will dissapear

Seriously, I was never surprised with what happened with blockbuster. So, it's basically what's going to happen to Gamestop. 

On 12/22/2021 at 6:28 PM, Sharon said:

There was a lot of hype earlier when a bunch of people collaborated and purchased the Gamestop stock when it was really low on volume. A lot of them sold when the value shot up. I grabbed a piece of the pie toward the later part of the hype but I haven't sold yet.

Is it advisable for you to still hold on to the stock till now? How good is it looking for you in terms of profit should you decide to sell now? 

On 1/8/2022 at 12:49 PM, kingpotato said:

I feel that is going to be the case. At least in terms of newer video games. Because I figure we'll be going digital sooner rather than later. So maybe stores releasing new games won't last as long as, say retro game shops. But yeah, gamestop is trying a lot to stick around. I don't see them lasting with the practices they have.