Register Now
Sharon

The Sims - Does anyone still play?

Sometimes I am tempted to dive back into this fantastic game and I'm always looking at the great deals with expansion packs. It's just a massive time suck and as fun as it is I simply don't have the bandwidth to play like I did back in the day. I have yet to design an efficient tiny house - it's been one of my Sims lifetime goals haha

Does anyone here still like to play The Sims? 

2 minutes ago, Sharon said:

It's just a massive time suck and as fun as it is I simply don't have the bandwidth to play like I did back in the day.

What do you mean?  It's an offline game, or it was "back in the day".

In all seriousness I was never that big a fan but I could see it's appeal.  Now though, mutch like FIFA and Madden, it's just an increasing experiment on how much EA can push their greed.

2 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

What do you mean?  It's an offline game, or it was "back in the day".

In all seriousness I was never that big a fan but I could see it's appeal.  Now though, mutch like FIFA and Madden, it's just an increasing experiment on how much EA can push their greed.

When life was simpler and I literally had summers where my friends and I would take turns for hours at the computer designing homes and completing achievements. I remember when my childhood friend came over with the original Sims game and I was absolutely blown away by the concept. It was like having a pet but it was a simulation of a person... wow typing that out sounds weird hahahaha I remember we would take pictures and create stories using the Sims characters we developed. It was so much fun but I can't imagine sinking that much time into a game now. 

Not as much, Just like any other game that you loss interst after a while playing it, then again new things comes out that people move to or move on. After a while most not all tend to come back to there old games and the sims are on of them. People are playing them, there are around. Seeing content each day of people uploading. Not saying it's dead or know.

On 11/28/2021 at 8:52 PM, Syntax said:

I have the sims 4 on my PC that I play semi-often, it’s definitely a game that I don’t think will ever get old or replaced easily due to its unique play style. 

I think that is why it has lasted for so long. There's not really a game that can match its play style, and for good reason. I think that developing The Sims is a massive undertaking due to the amount of interactions involved in the game.

I don't think that would remain the same. Besides I don't hate any gaming company for their decisions on how they treat employee or earn from microtransactions. Sure they do and I have no option to deal with it. I think if they can release some good VR like sims game I am definitely going for it.