Register Now
Heatman

Do you make use of game's tutorials?

9 hours ago, Empire said:

I think optional tutorials are a fantastic idea, maybe even necessary.

Everyone learns in different ways. Many of us do it through pure experimentation, but some prefer to be told how everything works in advance. Regardless of which side you're on personally, it's unfair to act like the other end of the spectrum doesn't exist.

Seriously, no one likes anything forced in the video game that they play, so the same thing is applicable to the game's tutorials. 

14 hours ago, Empire said:

I think optional tutorials are a fantastic idea, maybe even necessary.

Everyone learns in different ways. Many of us do it through pure experimentation, but some prefer to be told how everything works in advance. Regardless of which side you're on personally, it's unfair to act like the other end of the spectrum doesn't exist.

Very true, don't need to force tutorials on those that don't want them, but also handy to have for those that do.  Plenty of room for that middle ground option where needed.

13 hours ago, PGen98 said:

Very true, don't need to force tutorials on those that don't want them, but also handy to have for those that do.  Plenty of room for that middle ground option where needed.

It's one of the biggest mistakes some of these games companies make by pushing everything as a must without making it optional and we all really hate that. 

18 hours ago, onii chan said:

I just play them through for about 2 minutes and after that I would prefer to just get straight into the game to experience the rest 

If the game system is that easy, you wouldn't need much time to get along with playing it. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's one of the biggest mistakes some of these games companies make by pushing everything as a must without making it optional and we all really hate that. 

I agree with that, choice is paramount in today's games.  It makes sense to offer optional tutorials.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:36 AM, PGen98 said:

I agree with that, choice is paramount in today's games.  It makes sense to offer optional tutorials.

Exactly, if the video game's companies take away the choice of the gamers, it's really not a video game anymore in my opinion. 

On 11/26/2021 at 3:36 AM, PGen98 said:

Some silly companies might wake up one day and decide to pull the plug on the inclusion of tutorials in their games and they will suffer the backlash. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some silly companies might wake up one day and decide to pull the plug on the inclusion of tutorials in their games and they will suffer the backlash. 

There is nothing that would justify such acts should they wake up and pull the plug on making use of video games tutorials in their games because it is going to affect a lot of gamers who are playing the game for the first time.

5 hours ago, PGen98 said:

Agreed, it would be foolish not to include a tutorial in a game, it's essential for newer players to learn how to actually play a game.

Seriously, it's the first point of assessment that most new gamers use to find their way around and progress in the game.