Register Now
Heatman

Do you make use of game's tutorials?

11 hours ago, PGen98 said:

Agreed, it would be foolish not to include a tutorial in a game, it's essential for newer players to learn how to actually play a game.

That's basically selling the game short in the market because once it's known that the game doesn't come with a tutorial, a lot of gamers would move on from it. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's basically selling the game short in the market because once it's known that the game doesn't come with a tutorial, a lot of gamers would move on from it. 

I'm not really sure if I have ever seen any video game that comes with no tutorials. Have you seen any of such games? 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

I'm not really sure if I have ever seen any video game that comes with no tutorials. Have you seen any of such games? 

It's one of the very first things that are made available in any games. The game's testers would point that out immediately if they did missed it out. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's one of the very first things that are made available in any games. The game's testers would point that out immediately if they did missed it out. 

Yes of course, that's very true because it's even the very first thing they are going to discover missing from the game when it's played on. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yes of course, that's very true because it's even the very first thing they are going to discover missing from the game when it's played on. 

Yes exactly, it's one of the things that are easily spotted out by anyone that wants to play any game which they rather want to skip or go through. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Most new gamers would never skip the tutorial content because they can't do without it as they are still very new to the game. 

They wouldn't know where to skip and start the game. That's why it's good to learn from an experienced gamers about the game before proceeding to play. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

Most new gamers would never skip the tutorial content because they can't do without it as they are still very new to the game. 

The tutorials are very useful for them because they can't easily find their way in the games without it. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Here is where the importance of game tutorials is to the game industry and for the gamers as well. 

Thanks for this because I believe that it said it all more than anyone can or have put it out already in the platform. 

It will depend a lot on the game and whether I've played a game from the same series before. Like for FIFA, they always have a "starter" game where they show you the controls as well. I completely skip that. But with other games, I'll tend to follow the tutorial just to make sure I don't miss out on anything.