Register Now
Heatman

Could games make one an introvert?

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

Hmm 🤔, that's interesting. I never thought of it from that angle and when I look at it very closely, it looks like you have got a point. 

Yeah, I feel it's hard to make someone an introvert, usually those that are have always been and had that tendency long before they took to gaming.  I know that, as an introvert myself, I took to gaming easily and excessively because I was already introverted, I didn't want or need people around me at the time.  As I've gotten older I've branched out a little bit more, to play games with some friends, but even then it's extremely limited.  I think it's the same for other introverts, gaming just sort of exacerbates the tendencies rather than creating them. 

15 hours ago, PGen98 said:

Yeah, I feel it's hard to make someone an introvert, usually those that are have always been and had that tendency long before they took to gaming.  I know that, as an introvert myself, I took to gaming easily and excessively because I was already introverted, I didn't want or need people around me at the time.  As I've gotten older I've branched out a little bit more, to play games with some friends, but even then it's extremely limited.  I think it's the same for other introverts, gaming just sort of exacerbates the tendencies rather than creating them. 

For someone who's got the tendency of being an introvert or one that's an introvert already would have gaming as a safe heaven to run to and feel at peace with no pressure. 

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

And just FYI, if I had the power I Would destroy xtianity. I would remove it from the earth. The people, objects, locations, all of it. I absolutely despise xtianity. I would love to watch it all burn. I've been to a couple book burnings, and just to offend and piss them off I threw bibles in the fire. And what do you know of Satanism? Have you ever looked into it? If you check out TST you will see that there are seven tenets.

1) One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.

2) The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

3) One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

4) The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.

5) Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.

6) People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.

7) Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Do I follow them to the letter? No. I do not. I do not feel that everyone deserves compassion. Therefore, I will not tolerate stupidity. i will read one more reply from you, and if it follows what you have been posting thus far, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED.

What did I miss mate? Please, steam down a little bit. Whatever is the cause of your rage and getting pissed, please let go and I apologize on the aggressor's behalf. 

33 minutes ago, StormyFire said:

I don't really think that video games can cause people to become introverted. It seems more likely that people who are introverted would choose to play games rather than do other things that might involve more socializing.

That's totally agreeable to some extent. But looking at it on the other hand, when someone who isn't an introvert get hooked too much on games that he or she doesn't want to socialize anymore, what then? 

43 minutes ago, StormyFire said:

I don't really think that video games can cause people to become introverted. It seems more likely that people who are introverted would choose to play games rather than do other things that might involve more socializing.

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's totally agreeable to some extent. But looking at it on the other hand, when someone who isn't an introvert get hooked too much on games that he or she doesn't want to socialize anymore, what then? 

if you dont want to socialize anymore that pretty much makes you an introvert. It can happen both ways, people who are introvert will always choose an activity that doesnt require to socialize aka playing videogames. And people can also become introverts if they get hooked on videogames. Videogames can become an addiction at least a pshycological one. So yeah my opinion is that yes games can make you an introvert.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:14 PM, Heatman said:

Is there any possibility of being excessively involved with playing video games capable of making one become an introvert. 

Personally, I think it's possible when you don't use to get a life outside your home most often but being very comfortable with your games indoors. 

I don't really think that video games can make one become an introvert but it can make an introvert become a chronic one that can't be able to adjust the personality. 

Being too indoor in the house playing games and other sort of online tasks without real communications with his or her fellows via reality world, will suddenly fall into introvertive, if things aren't controlled via his or her addictive life being indoors. 

7 hours ago, Empire said:

I tend to do the opposite. I'm too afraid of talking to NPCs resulting in a side quest that I have zero desire to complete. Fuck your teddy bear that you lost on the other side of the island that you, for some reason, can't live without in an apocalypse.

I can understand that, the NPC quests can be a bit silly at times!  I don't want to do hand-holding quests or tracking down toys, either.  Idiotic.

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I believe those that "become" introverts are actually ambiverts already, they have introverted tendencies and extrovert tendencies, and when they find an introverted activity that captivates them, the introvert tendencies kick in. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

What did I miss mate? Please, steam down a little bit. Whatever is the cause of your rage and getting pissed, please let go and I apologize on the aggressor's behalf. 

You missed a lot. He kept posting for me, telling me how I feel, what I believe, and where my emotions lie. I will not tolerate anyone making an attempt to dictate my personality to me.

My rage is well earned here.

You have your life, no one can detect whatever to you. I am simply pointing out what introvert can cause in someone's life staying indoors. An indoor person can be introvertive when the indoor life becomes too excessive, and doing other type of things that captivates more of the inside life, then it is believe the person is going gradually to introvertive lifestyle. 

On 11/26/2021 at 3:43 AM, PGen98 said:

I can understand that, the NPC quests can be a bit silly at times!  I don't want to do hand-holding quests or tracking down toys, either.  Idiotic.

I believe those that "become" introverts are actually ambiverts already, they have introverted tendencies and extrovert tendencies, and when they find an introverted activity that captivates them, the introvert tendencies kick in. 

You have shared my feelings on this subject more than I have been able to. Video games acts more like a trigger for those with introvert tendencies. 

On 11/26/2021 at 5:02 AM, The Blackangel said:

You missed a lot. He kept posting for me, telling me how I feel, what I believe, and where my emotions lie. I will not tolerate anyone making an attempt to dictate my personality to me.

My rage is well earned here.

That's too bad. We have got to respect one another's disposition to their preferred way of life here, otherwise it's not going to end well for everyone. 

I apologize on his behalf.