Register Now
Techno

Thoughts On Forza Horizon 5?

6 hours ago, Shagger said:

What I'm about to post is a case study in why people should look into information that people post on VGR before replying. Not only is it essential to adequately respond to a point given by somebody else, it can even be dangerous not to.

For starters @Clasher and @Heatman, that car is meant to look like a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, so it's not a Chevy nor a Mustang. It's literally written in the image to the left of the "Muscle Modern" logo.

Second, that image is lifted from a game is called Forza Street, and again it's right there in the image. The game was an officially licenced Forza spin off for mobile that launched back in 2019 and was shut down almost a month ago (April 11nth). So outside of unofficial emulation, that game doesn't technically exist anymore. If you had looked into this properly and payed attention to the what information was posted, this would have saved some confusion.

Now @Justin11, you made your post about "Forza Horizon highway 4" , and that is literally how the games title is written on it's official listing on the Google Play Store, without the "H" in Highway capitalised, earlier in the thread about a week after the actual, official Forza game on mobile was shut down. Here it is on Google Play.

Screenshot_20220607_003424.thumb.jpg.541b4179217104ddda0d21dee9274c4e.jpg

So here it is, with 50,000+ downloads, no user reviews and no ratings. Add that to the weird description that claims to allow users to play 3 main, full Forza games in one place (Those game names were clearly there to generate more search hits), the aforementioned bad formatting on the title (And in the description), the fact that the all four images of the "game" are the same image of an old Suberu Impreza that I don't think is even from a video game, and this is very dodgy. I also checked out the contact email address listed on this very store page it it didn't yield any results. That is really unusual as one would expect such a search to come back with a webpage or social media profile representing the developer/publisher of the game. But no, this was what looks like a randomly generated g-mail account that doesn't seem attached to anything. This is clearly not legitimate, so anyone who had downloaded this game, I'd recommend removing it immediately.

Now @Clasher, I can understand how you manged to get a screenshot from an entirely different game, especially if you searched for the "Official Forza Mobile Game" or something to that effect, but you replied to this conversion clearly without looking into the subject matter properly. I suggest you apply due diligence in future. They are several reasons to get the facts right when you look into things for a forum thread, avoiding potentially harmful software is just one of the bigger ones.

Now @Justin11, since I don't trust this so-called "game" and thus am unwilling to download it onto my own phone, I want to tell me what it is and why you have brought it up here on VGR. Send me what you know in a PM. Include screenshots of the actual game if you have them, but DO NOT open it again for my sake. Delete it. It could be malware, ransomware or a phishing scam. It is possible you mistook this for an official Forza mobile game, and if so, I again would recommend you delete it from your devices immediately and would recommend greater vigilance in future for yourself as well.

This kind of false advertising and fake products are a common thing in the mobile market. I urge people to use thier good sense and not trust anything that looks out of place. I also urge everyone to look into what people are posting about in detail. They may not be deliberately trying to bring you on board to a scam, but it is possible they were fooled themselves. Do not put up links or promote software unless it's from a source you trust. As mods', it's our responsibility to make sure that people on VGR remain safe. If that means we don't trust software that you do, then that's our prerogative. If you have doubts, bring the names of games or links you want to post to us first and well assist in any way we can to verify them.

I hope you have all learned something from this.

I didn't say it's a Chevrolote or mustang, I actually called it the challenger SRT hellcat if you read my comments properly.

I didn't even pay cognizance to the fact that the game might not be the original, but glad you've brought it to my notice and would certainly get rid of it. 

4 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Was actually going to post the same as shagger but he beat me to it and explained it better then i ever could. The only real forza "mobile" game i know of is called Forza Street which is being shut down by the end of year. So i suggest you try that instead while it's still avaible.

I fixed the double post for you.

Back on topic, I was under the impression the game was already shut down back in April. I know that the articles both you and I found didn't mention the specific date, but I found this on the Forza Wikipedia Page.

560260545_Screenshot2022-06-07114553.thumb.png.9a528b671ca0b5b203bcec7b3f31be8c.png

Plus, I can't actually find the game on the Play Store nor the Microsoft Store (Somebody else will have to confirm this for the Apple Store as I don't own any i-Crap), so I'm quite ready to believe it's gone.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:54 PM, Shagger said:

I fixed the double post for you.

Back on topic, I was under the impression the game was already shut down back in April. I know that the articles both you and I found didn't mention the specific date, but I found this on the Forza Wikipedia Page.

560260545_Screenshot2022-06-07114553.thumb.png.9a528b671ca0b5b203bcec7b3f31be8c.png

Plus, I can't actually find the game on the Play Store nor the Microsoft Store (Somebody else will have to confirm this for the Apple Store as I don't own any i-Crap), so I'm quite ready to believe it's gone.

Well what you know huh, that's  a middle finger to everybody who spend money on the game. While  i don't give a crap about free to play mobile games, it's always a shame that a game gets removed, dare i say this is the reason i'm starting to hate modern gaming.

My advice to people complaining here they can't play forza, stop wasting your money on fortnite skins and get yourself an xbox instead i mean you can get a used xbox one base model for cheap these days if you don't want to fork out the cash for a series x, also get foza horizon 2 first as that one is the best in the series well in in my humble oppinion.