Register Now
Heatman

How long should PS4 controller expected to last before it dies off?

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Mine last for a very long time, it doesn't go off within some period of time, unless I didn't charge it fully. If I'll give an estimate it goes beyond six hours of non stop video game. 

A friend of mine says his own last up to 8 hours which seemed weird for me because even when I got my PS4 new, the controller never lasted up to 8 hours after a full charge. 

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

That actually sounds about right ,mine also last for about 2-3 hours with a full charge depending on the game. Thats if you already had it for a few years now and if you play on a regular basis 

That would most be the case because I have had it for a pretty long time now. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

A friend of mine says his own last up to 8 hours which seemed weird for me because even when I got my PS4 new, the controller never lasted up to 8 hours after a full charge. 

That would most be the case because I have had it for a pretty long time now. 

A good ps4 controller with a full charge can last you for more than a full day, but yeah like you mentioned you had it for a long time now and if you also spent a lot of time playing videogames like me then thats probably why the battery is not as good as before. Also a mistake that I usually make is that I use the controller until the battery goes empty, im no technician but im pretty sure that affects the battery in the long run.

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's weird, normal wireless controller should last more than that after being fully charged. My PS3 controller can even serve me the whole day after charging full. 

I don't recall the battery life of the PS4 controllers ever particularly being a strong point, but it also largely depends on the kind of games you play, and your settings of the controller itself (light bar brightness, vibration enabled/disabled, sound volume).

I reckon I could probably get a good 5-8 hours of continuous play dependant on the game(s) played.

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's weird, normal wireless controller should last more than that after being fully charged. My PS3 controller can even serve me the whole day after charging full. 

A whole day in 24 hour? Are you seriously kidding me now mate? I think it's more of the player not playing that much. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

A whole day in 24 hour? Are you seriously kidding me now mate? I think it's more of the player not playing that much. 

I'm not kidding you mate, my PS3 controller last whole day, I play often I don't go break like that when I mean gaming. 

On 11/26/2021 at 12:08 AM, Justin11 said:

I'm not kidding you mate, my PS3 controller last whole day, I play often I don't go break like that when I mean gaming. 

Then I believe that your own PlayStation 3 controller is very strong or durable in its battery for it to last a whole day before it drops the battery bar.

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Then I believe that your own PlayStation 3 controller is very strong or durable in its battery for it to last a whole day before it drops the battery bar.

I'll simply agree with what you said. That's how my PS3 controller battery last. It serves me for the whole day without going down, and I'm happy with the way it serves me. 

11 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I'll simply agree with what you said. That's how my PS3 controller battery last. It serves me for the whole day without going down, and I'm happy with the way it serves me. 

Sadly, I didn't get to experience my own console being that durable when it comes to its battery lasting very well.