Register Now
Heatman

How long should PS4 controller expected to last before it dies off?

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's the reason why many are simply wanting the pro controllers than the usual dual shock controllers. At the meantime, pro controller is off my budget. 

I had that challenge when I was still looking at getting my first pro controller but I really needed it to play Dark Souls. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

I had that challenge when I was still looking at getting my first pro controller but I really needed it to play Dark Souls. 

Definitely, you needed something more precise in your combat to be able to make a headway in playing the game Dark Souls. 

If my PS3  controller last for just six hours of steady game-play, I'll know something is wrong with it. Normally it takes me above 11 hours on average. Some days I don't charge it again it takes me through out. I wonder why I'll buy a controller and I wouldn't last longer, what's the essence of buying it? it means nothing but waste of funds. 

50 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

If my PS3  controller last for just six hours of steady game-play, I'll know something is wrong with it. Normally it takes me above 11 hours on average. Some days I don't charge it again it takes me through out. I wonder why I'll buy a controller and I wouldn't last longer, what's the essence of buying it? it means nothing but waste of funds. 

If you don't play steadily for 6 hours, it's most likely going to last that long depending on the kind of games that you are playing. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

If you don't play steadily for 6 hours, it's most likely going to last that long depending on the kind of games that you are playing. 

Their see some days I play for such period of time non - stop. Especially when I have nothing much doing offline. So, if my controller doesn't serve me more than that, I can grow frustrated and smash it off the wall. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their see some days I play for such period of time non - stop. Especially when I have nothing much doing offline. So, if my controller doesn't serve me more than that, I can grow frustrated and smash it off the wall. 

If you smash it, you're buying it. It's what all my friends that comes to play in my house all know very well. Better keep your frustration off the hardware. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

If you smash it, you're buying it. It's what all my friends that comes to play in my house all know very well. Better keep your frustration off the hardware. 

xD 😅, I'm telling you from my mind. It feels annoying to spend money and still charge the controller full to witness it running down carelessly. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

xD 😅, I'm telling you from my mind. It feels annoying to spend money and still charge the controller full to witness it running down carelessly. 

Yeah, I'm just saying the same thing too when it comes to what my friends knows very well when they are playing in my house with my controllers. 

On 12/22/2021 at 8:52 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I have four controllers, I don't worry about the time interval much, which they'll likely stay ON before fading off. Because, I swap them up immediately with the one charged, then plug in the other one to resume charging. 

If you have more controllers, you can easily relax when one of them dies out since there's a replacement around the corner. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, I'm just saying the same thing too when it comes to what my friends knows very well when they are playing in my house with my controllers. 

I know their is no gamer who will feel satisfied with such kind of controller running down too quick. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I know their is no gamer who will feel satisfied with such kind of controller running down too quick. 

When the controller is running too quickly, it probably means that the in built battery is already dead and needs to be replaced. 

22 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Exactly, the fault comes from the in-built battery, as such I'll seek to return back the controller provided that I didn't use it even up to 3-4 days.

Most of the time, I really don't feel comfortable with fixing the batteries which is why I replace the controller immediately with no stress.