Register Now
Heatman

How long should PS4 controller expected to last before it dies off?

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I know their is no way my PS4 controller can last for 24 hours. That's the essence while I bought more of the controllers, so, I wouldn't be playing through wireless and going off from it due to low battery. 

Seriously, I wonder who would be expecting any kind of console controller to last 24 hours? Just get a wired controller. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, I wonder who would be expecting any kind of console controller to last 24 hours? Just get a wired controller. 

Haha, seriously, a wired console controller 🎮 solves all the problems for you with nothing to worry about. 

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yes buddy, even the wireless can still drive as wired, that's one beautiful thing with wireless controllers. 

On 3/6/2022 at 7:41 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Yes buddy, even the wireless can still drive as wired, that's one beautiful thing with wireless controllers. 

When it's a wireless console controller, you don't have anything to worry about when it comes to the controller power. 

On 3/8/2022 at 1:00 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, it doesn't run down unnecessarily, it takes some time for the battery to go down.

I actually wanted to type in wired controllers there because as they are constantly plugged in console, it never dies. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I figured that out already because it's something that's very clear that it's only wired controllers that isn't bothered about power. 

Even if you lose the battery life of a wireless controller, you can simply switch it back to wired controller. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Even if you lose the battery life of a wireless controller, you can simply switch it back to wired controller. 

It's not always nice to plug in  wireless controllers and play with them at the same time. It will affect the inbuilt battery. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

I figured that out already because it's something that's very clear that it's only wired controllers that isn't bothered about power. 

That's exactly what it should be because the wired one's are never plugged out of the console for any reason whatsoever to play. 

I think all controllers from PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo should work for years on end. But, extended use will damage controllers. It's inevitable that controllers will eventually degrade over time after use. It's why all of my Xbox 360/Xbox one controllers die out, because of extended use. 

I just wish controllers never degraded, or go through analog drift. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I think all controllers from PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo should work for years on end. But, extended use will damage controllers. It's inevitable that controllers will eventually degrade over time after use. It's why all of my Xbox 360/Xbox one controllers die out, because of extended use. 

I just wish controllers never degraded, or go through analog drift. 

It's like asking to live forever and not get old, weak, grumpy and worn out. It's not possible that such can happen, otherwise they will be out of business. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's not always nice to plug in  wireless controllers and play with them at the same time. It will affect the inbuilt battery. 

Yes, that's why I try my best to keep it charged because, I don't want to risk losing my controller due to excessive charging. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

If you have two charged PS4 controller you can enjoy gaming rest of the day. 

At least each one of them can give you at least a minimum of 4 to 5 hours of gameplay and that's roughly 10 hours of gameplay.