Register Now
Gamer4Lyfe

Will the metaverse replace the real world?

Hi Guys

Will the metaverse replace the real world where everybody stays at home and use the metaverse instead of going out into the physical world? Will the real world be a deserted ghost town once Facebook Metaverse or other metaverses comes out? I am referring to the near future (~ 5 years time), not 20+ years time

Maybe this is just all hype and scaremongering by media outlets and it won’t replace the real world?

Thanks

I think the iPhones have already opened the path to that because it's funny to see even when people are around each other, they are still on their phones. And the addiction to social media and egotism are on the rise in society. Self importance is based on how popular you are on the internet. I remember the days when we were excited about having a penpal and being able to communicate with someone far away. But now technology has really degraded what distance friends are supposed to be by having so many of them. And instead of acknowledging those around us, we forget how to separate present time from leisure time. We run to our phones as soon as we get breaks from work; some people even use the toilet while checking their media. So even basic human necessities are done while communicating to the unknown. I think there is one thing that will dampen social media and that is war because in war, the social media will get attacked and even forced shut down so the world can't see what goes on. So no matter how hooked everyone gets on the metaverse, it will all get taken from us one way or another. Enjoy it while you can and don't forget to acknowledge those in real life instead of your phones. 

On 11/26/2021 at 12:56 AM, Justin11 said:

No matter how the circumstances might yield out to be, restrictions of movement or not, the activities of real world wouldn't go off drastically or replaced by metaverse completely. 

Seriously I don't really trust any of those things and if you ask me the only two places that I know that exist is heaven, Earth and hell fire.

2 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Seriously I don't really trust any of those things and if you ask me the only two places that I know that exist is heaven, Earth and hell fire.

XD. What you said isn't lie, that's irony of life. Earth and heaven are simply what I know that exist others are simply mirage, fantasy. 

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

XD. What you said isn't lie, that's irony of life. Earth and heaven are simply what I know that exist others are simply mirage, fantasy. 

As far as I'm concerned they only exist in movies and fictions anything other than that they don't really exist for me.

Edited by Boblee

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

As far as I'm concerned they only exist in movies and fictions anything other than that they don't really exist for me.

Yeah, they simply got such ideas via fantasy movies, that will never come into reality. Because, our grand creator didn't make humans to live underworld or experience life outside earth. 

Well first off, we need to make it a reality where everyone can actually afford VR headsets to take advantage of all of this. To my knowledge, Meta will be a virtual hub or something where everyone will go. Honestly I like the idea, but then again, it's Facebook so yeah. Not a fan really. 

But, it's bound to happen either way. Whether it be Facebook and Meta that does it, or some other company making waves in virtual reality. We're going to see some virtual hub like system by someone. But in the long run of it, they need to make VR more affordable, otherwise it'll be a small group of hobbyists using it mostly. At least in my opinion. Then again, VR seems to be going down in price at least. So maybe it's sooner than we thought. 

I think some people will find comfort in something like this honestly, but I don't know if everyone will use it. 

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

While the world is too obsessed with technology, the real world isn’t going anywhere. Until we finally destroy the environment and render the earth completely uninhabitable, there’s no plausible chance of it happening.

Haha, I still love the earth even with all the craziness that's been going on here. I can't even comprehend going to Mars yet. 

VR/the metaverse will allow you to do everything you already do but better. Like, take screens for example. If you want to access any of this stuff, you have to do it through at least one. Between cost and other constraints, most people are limited to one or two of a certain size and resolution, and you're pretty limited in where you can put them. In VR, though, you can have as many screens as you want, at whatever size or resolution you want, placed wherever you want, with basically zero limits.

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, they simply got such ideas via fantasy movies, that will never come into reality. Because, our grand creator didn't make humans to live underworld or experience life outside earth. 

As far as I'm concerned, it's not something that's real but a complete fiction. If it's possible, science still have a lot of prove for me to believe in it. 

i do believe in the metaverse and i can see how it can benefit society a lot but i dont think the world will ever be completely people just living in the metaverse like in the movie ready player one unless it progresses to a level that makes it more beneficial then the real world and i definitely dont see it happening in the next 5 years😂 but i do see the metaverse progressing a lot in the next 5 years and having a big impact on society just like how internet changed the world