Register Now
kingpotato

What would be the price of a pc that can run starfield ?

Since Starfield is an xbox/pc exclusive and Elder scrolls 6 probably being the same I have though about making the jump from console to pc. But how much will it cost to build or buy a pc that is already prebuild ? I know it might be quite expensive but I just want to get an idea as to how much I will cost. We dont know the official specs of Elder scrolls 6 or Starfield but as to what I have seen online these are the approx specs.

CPU : Intel Core i7-5820K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600

RAM : 16 GB RAM

GPU / Video Card : GeForce RTX 3070 / Radeon RX 6800

Storage : A lot

Operating System : Windows 10 or later (64-bit)

Any suggestions or ideas ? 

btw Im playstation user xD

5f69f8701551f.jpeg

On 11/25/2021 at 3:08 PM, kingpotato said:

Since Starfield is an xbox/pc exclusive and Elder scrolls 6 probably being the same I have though about making the jump from console to pc. But how much will it cost to build or buy a pc that is already prebuild ? I know it might be quite expensive but I just want to get an idea as to how much I will cost. We dont know the official specs of Elder scrolls 6 or Starfield but as to what I have seen online these are the approx specs.

CPU : Intel Core i7-5820K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600

RAM : 16 GB RAM

GPU / Video Card : GeForce RTX 3070 / Radeon RX 6800

Storage : A lot

Operating System : Windows 10 or later (64-bit)

Any suggestions or ideas ? 

btw Im playstation user xD

5f69f8701551f.jpeg

I highly doubt that you will need and 8GB graphics card to run this game, especially considering that Bethesda are still using the creation engine for Starfield. If you're serious about building a new PC, building it with a certain game in mind would be mistake, it's the wrong reason to do it. Think about how future proof you want the system to be within a certain budget. You will obviously want to think big to spend te next few years playing AAA titles at 4K, but you can build a PC that will play AAA games for a few years if you intend to play at 1080p or 1440p.

On 11/25/2021 at 4:08 PM, kingpotato said:

Since Starfield is an xbox/pc exclusive and Elder scrolls 6 probably being the same I have though about making the jump from console to pc. But how much will it cost to build or buy a pc that is already prebuild ?

I hate to say it, but now it's not the time to invest into a gaming PC. But since starfield is still far away, you have the luxury of time. So my advice is wait and see. And whatever you do if you decide to get a pre-built be sure to do your homework on it, because pre-builts are kind of like lootboxes, you can get decent value, or you can be completely screwed over with something that won't run even fortnite, let alone starfield.

50 minutes ago, m76 said:

I hate to say it, but now it's not the time to invest into a gaming PC. 

I agree, I'd wait at least another year.

As for the specs on Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6... we don't know but we can make some semi-educated guesses.

What we do know right now is that Starfield will release on the Series X/S but NOT (at least hardware natively) for the XBox One.  We can also assume that since it needs to work at least comfortably on the Series S that the minimum PC Specs will somewhere below that.  So I'm going map out the general structure to be something like this:

XBox One Equivalent < PC Minimum < Series S Equivalent < PC Recommend < XBox Series X Equivalent < PC Ultra

The Series S has a 8 Core Ryzen Gen 2 based CPU and a 4TFlop GPU which is about the same as a 1060 but I'll up that to a 1070 since optimization on console is more effective since developers can "dig closer to the hardware" so to speak.  Since I expect the PC minimum to sit somewhere below that I'm going to guestimate the PC Minimum will be in the region of a Ryzen 5 2600/Intel I5 8500 CPU, a GTX 1050/RX 650 GPU and 8Gb DDR4 RAM and this will manage about 30fps at 1080 on low to medium.

I'll need to check back next year to see how good my aim is! LOL!

As @Shagger and others have said, it's best to build/buy a future-proof PC. At the moment, I'd recommend going the gaming laptop or prebuilt PC route and doing lots of research is key with these, as you'll have to part with a good chunk of money. Eluktronics and XoticPC are two that I can recommend as I have friends who've bought machines from both and get great support years after the original purchase. Plus, their pre-built PCs are customizable (it'll cost extra but you can make the upgrades you want).

On 11/28/2021 at 1:10 PM, Shagger said:

I highly doubt that you will need and 8GB graphics card to run this game, especially considering that Bethesda are still using the creation engine for Starfield. If you're serious about building a new PC, building it with a certain game in mind would be mistake, it's the wrong reason to do it. Think about how future proof you want the system to be within a certain budget. You will obviously want to think big to spend te next few years playing AAA titles at 4K, but you can build a PC that will play AAA games for a few years if you intend to play at 1080p or 1440p.

On 11/28/2021 at 2:09 PM, m76 said:

I hate to say it, but now it's not the time to invest into a gaming PC. But since starfield is still far away, you have the luxury of time. So my advice is wait and see. And whatever you do if you decide to get a pre-built be sure to do your homework on it, because pre-builts are kind of like lootboxes, you can get decent value, or you can be completely screwed over with something that won't run even fortnite, let alone starfield.

On 11/28/2021 at 3:19 PM, Crazycrab said:

I agree, I'd wait at least another year.

As for the specs on Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6... we don't know but we can make some semi-educated guesses.

What we do know right now is that Starfield will release on the Series X/S but NOT (at least hardware natively) for the XBox One.  We can also assume that since it needs to work at least comfortably on the Series S that the minimum PC Specs will somewhere below that.  So I'm going map out the general structure to be something like this:

XBox One Equivalent < PC Minimum < Series S Equivalent < PC Recommend < XBox Series X Equivalent < PC Ultra

The Series S has a 8 Core Ryzen Gen 2 based CPU and a 4TFlop GPU which is about the same as a 1060 but I'll up that to a 1070 since optimization on console is more effective since developers can "dig closer to the hardware" so to speak.  Since I expect the PC minimum to sit somewhere below that I'm going to guestimate the PC Minimum will be in the region of a Ryzen 5 2600/Intel I5 8500 CPU, a GTX 1050/RX 650 GPU and 8Gb DDR4 RAM and this will manage about 30fps at 1080 on low to medium.

I'll need to check back next year to see how good my aim is! LOL!

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As @Shagger and others have said, it's best to build/buy a future-proof PC. At the moment, I'd recommend going the gaming laptop or prebuilt PC route and doing lots of research is key with these, as you'll have to part with a good chunk of money. Eluktronics and XoticPC are two that I can recommend as I have friends who've bought machines from both and get great support years after the original purchase. Plus, their pre-built PCs are customizable (it'll cost extra but you can make the upgrades you want).

Thank you all very much, this is exactly the type of information that I needed. Im sorry if I took a while to replay, adult life sometimes gets in the way.

I did some research based on the informations you guys provided and indeed it looks like its not the best time to invest on a pc specially considering that I dont know what the required specs are. Im willing to spend a good amount of money (something around 1000 US dollas I guess) as long as I can future proof it for a while. As you guys recommended the best thing is to wait until the actual games comeout and the consider what to buy. I was thinking of buying something prebuilt since I have no idea how to build a pc.