Register Now
Kane99

PlayStation Home is back?

Looks like PlayStation Home is coming back with the help of fans. PlayStation Home ceased being a thing 6 years ago, and now it looks to be back. Of course this is only for the PlayStation 3. But that's to be expected. The PSOne Emulation team is also helping with the project. So I wonder if this will allow people using emulation to use Home. I never really bothered much with the PS Home. But I thought the concept was cool. I wish they supported it more and even on the future consoles. 

You can read more about this news below. 

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/11/26/playstation-home-revived-by-fans/?fbclid=IwAR2W87nzjLUPMN-aNJdNS9S17XtPt5AiqC1q3lOSZOCBpDA7mrRRXGHyw1Y

Holy crap, I kinda wish they would give support to it for the PS4 and PS5. PlayStation Home was the shiz back in the day, like Sims but you could play games and get rewards for it, all well hanging out with friends online in various areas. 

PlayStation Home was a bit ahead of its time back then.  As a idea it was great but the technology and the general social aptitude when it came to interacting with others online wasn't really there like it is now.  I'm sure it would have been far more successful it were introduced now.

24 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Holy crap, I kinda wish they would give support to it for the PS4 and PS5. PlayStation Home was the shiz back in the day, like Sims but you could play games and get rewards for it, all well hanging out with friends online in various areas. 

I know right? It'd be so cool to see PS home back on the PS4 and 5 as well. But I doubt Sony would bother with doing that. 

15 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

PlayStation Home was a bit ahead of its time back then.  As a idea it was great but the technology and the general social aptitude when it came to interacting with others online wasn't really there like it is now.  I'm sure it would have been far more successful it were introduced now.

It was, it felt like a real hub the brief times I messed with it. I think it would do well if it was brought back honestly. I think people would like a hub world like that again.