Register Now
Kane99

Call of Duty's numbers going down?

What have the sales been like for recent COD releases? I feel like in the last 5-10 years, the sales have been dropping off with each new release. Honestly forgot Vanguard came out recently as I literally lost interest in it. I played a bit of Cold War, but haven't bothered much since. My brother and nephew play from time to time now days, but I just can't be bothered with the series anymore. Then again, most of my friends are living their lives so I don't know many others who even play COD anymore. 

I know COD is probably hated by most here, and rightfully so, it deserves the hate it often gets. But I still find some joy in the games when I play them, but it's much of the same. I've considered going back to some of the older games recently and just playing those again. But I would have to get my friends from back in the day back on, and that's easier said than done. 

Anyway, what do you guys think? Is COD running out of steam? Or will it forever appeal to the 12 year olds out there who keep this franchise alive to this day? 

The problem is everyone is tired of every lobby having hackers that just ruin the game and experience. I think with Battlefield also coming out, it’s basically made a bunch of people shift to there since it’s newer and a known franchise that doesn’t mess things up too badly like Warzone has become. 

20 minutes ago, Syntax said:

The problem is everyone is tired of every lobby having hackers that just ruin the game and experience. I think with Battlefield also coming out, it’s basically made a bunch of people shift to there since it’s newer and a known franchise that doesn’t mess things up too badly like Warzone has become. 

That's partly why I stopped playing in the past. A lot of the past games I've played got hacked to oblivion, like Modern Warfare 2. I got so fed up with the hackers breaking the game, that I stopped playing that game. I was surprised Modern Warfare 3 was mostly free of hackers, at least when I played. But I can see most of the games dealing with annoying hackers yet. 

And I heard Warzone was bad with hackers. Didn't they like ban well over a millions players for suspected hacking and cheating? 

I would blame oversaturation, the constant yearly releases just make COD boring, I don't wanna pay year after year for the same franchise, and other FPS games like Doom and Halo have been really interesting, COD is just dull now.

I feel like a lot of my friends who play COD complain that they come out with basically the same game every year just as a cash grab. I know that's literally the point of making games for the developers and publishers, but they do not seem to be adding very many new features either.