Register Now
Crazycrab

What? A Game Releasing EARLY!

egs-sifustandardedition-sloclap-g1c-00-1

Yep, in this day and age of pandemics, crunch and shortages of labour/materials, french based studio Sloclap have done the seemingly impossible and have announced that they are releasing their self published title Sifu early!

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/ps4-ps5-playstation-sifu-release-exclusive-game/

The title is now coming out on PS4, PS5 and Windows PC two weeks ahead of its announced 22nd of February date on February 8th.

In this world where games like Halo Infinite, Cyberpunk 2077 and Horizon Forbidden West getting months or even years long delays has become the norm.  Not to mention crowdfunded projects like Star Citizen releasing nothing but roadmaps... to roadmaps I genuinely never thought I would never see this happen again in my life.

Are pinching yourself to make sure still awake?  What are your thoughts?

Goes to show it is possible to make deadlines by being realistic with those deadlines. Games can come out on time and possibly even ahead of schedule when the project is managed responsibly. However, it's still too early to give Sloclap full praise as we still don't know what state the game will actually launch in. If it is not up to snuff, this would actually be all the more embarrassing for the studio. I'm thinking I'm going to be more optimistic this time, though, and the game looks cool. It's nice to have a more optimistic story for once, so thanks for posting this.

Edited by Shagger