Register Now
Kane99

Speedrunners that glitch the game instead

I know speedrunning is a popular thing on twitch and YouTube, and a lot of the big time speedrunners tend to break the game on purpose to get through the game faster. Has anyone sat through these speedruns? Have you ever attempted a speedrun? Has anyone here ever achieved the fastest time in a speedrun like this?

I've wanted to try a speedrun where the purpose is to break the game to get ahead. But I doubt I have the skills to do it. Do you know any popular speedrunners as well?  

Some of the glitches found are ideas that are then tested in all sorts of ways, whether it's just from thinking or looking at all the RAM values, hitboxes and stuff to see what is achievable, and some of them are just found completely by accident.

I have  zero interest in speedrunning as a player. I view it as a curiosity. But speedruns that exploit glitches are impossible to follow so they are not interesting even as a curiosity to an outsider.

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, I couldn't care less how others play games as long they don't try to tell me how I should play them.

Edited by m76

Never tried a speedrun myself and I've never bothered to watch someone try to speedrun a game. I just don't see what is interesting or entertaining about it, to be honest. I want to enjoy a game and not be stressed about whether I can finish it a few seconds quicker.

On 11/28/2021 at 1:48 AM, Kane99 said:

I know speedrunning is a popular thing on twitch and YouTube, and a lot of the big time speedrunners tend to break the game on purpose to get through the game faster. Has anyone sat through these speedruns? Have you ever attempted a speedrun? Has anyone here ever achieved the fastest time in a speedrun like this?

I've wanted to try a speedrun where the purpose is to break the game to get ahead. But I doubt I have the skills to do it. Do you know any popular speedrunners as well?  

I have played speedrunners for a while now and it's quite interesting by the way but the too much hype it comes with it is what's off about it for me. 

19 hours ago, Oblivion Knight said:

Funnily enough, such a glitch/skip came up in my recommended YouTube videos recently..

This is for Final Fantasy VII, and if you're at all familiar with the game it skips around 20 minutes of one of the most boring segments.

It's only the part of the game that didn't go down well with me till date because it was one frustrating segment. 

21 hours ago, Oblivion Knight said:

Funnily enough, such a glitch/skip came up in my recommended YouTube videos recently..

This is for Final Fantasy VII, and if you're at all familiar with the game it skips around 20 minutes of one of the most boring segments.

I can't stop laughing watching that. I knew very well that I wasn't the only one who experienced that with the game. 

On 11/29/2021 at 10:47 AM, Heatman said:

I have played speedrunners for a while now and it's quite interesting by the way but the too much hype it comes with it is what's off about it for me. 

It is something that is a big deal for gamers who are always in a rush to finish their game and it is not something that I find that interesting or entertaining to do.

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

It is something that is a big deal for gamers who are always in a rush to finish their game and it is not something that I find that interesting or entertaining to do.

To some gamers it matters very well because some pride on seeing their name top the chart on leader board. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

To some gamers it matters very well because some pride on seeing their name top the chart on leader board. 

Definitely, it's how it's supposed to be for something they invested their core time and dedication into playing for so long.