Register Now
Kane99

Think real gambling will come to gaming soon?

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, that's why we got diverse opinions on different discussions. I went through the analysis of NFTs coming into gaming, it doesn't make sense because it will cause more losses than we are experiencing with micro-transaction. 

It's the use of microtransactions that's completely off it for me. There is no way I can be able to support that after getting a game for $60+. 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:26 PM, Boblee said:

One thing that I know very well is that most of these companies will always do what's in their best interests irrespective of what the gamers are interested in. 

They are selfish with all we've seen around them. I am not happy with all the negative things they've made. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

It's the use of microtransactions that's completely off it for me. There is no way I can be able to support that after getting a game for $60+. 

It's kinda weird if you asked me too. I bought FIFA 22 for $59, I've nearly spent half of that purchased amount for just upgrades which is associated with micro-transactions. 

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, that's why we got diverse opinions on different discussions. I went through the analysis of NFTs coming into gaming, it doesn't make sense because it will cause more losses than we are experiencing with micro-transaction. 

It's actually why we have different and diverse opinions on these companies use of NFTs in their games lately. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's actually why we have different and diverse opinions on these companies use of NFTs in their games lately. 

Yup, seems like nfts are going to be the new form of gambling for gaming. I hate it, but it seems companies don't care about our feelings and opinions. I hope it turns out to be a bad choice for these studios. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yup, seems like nfts are going to be the new form of gambling for gaming. I hate it, but it seems companies don't care about our feelings and opinions. I hope it turns out to be a bad choice for these studios. 

They are already doing it with some of their games irrespective of some gamers agitation against it but they have their own agenda all planned out. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Sure, I don't know of actually they are listening to the widespread downvotes for what they've chosen to implement. If they do, then it means they don't care about gamers. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

There is a good possibility that it's going to turn out to bite them real hard. If they are looking for ways to get in gambling fully in games, they should figure out a more direct approach. 

On 11/28/2021 at 8:35 PM, onii chan said:

if they did add gambling to games i wouldn't even attempt at trying to play them because i know full well there will be so many different rules that'll make the company have a big edge, just like how card counters avoid online blackjack because the rules and house advantage just isn't worth it most of the time. idk about you but im not a fan of losing my money 😂   

Even in real gambling like we have in the real world, the companies always have an edge over the gambles being placed to limit the win margin, otherwise they will out of business sooner than later. 

On 1/15/2022 at 1:46 AM, Heatman said:

There is a good possibility that it's going to turn out to bite them real hard. If they are looking for ways to get in gambling fully in games, they should figure out a more direct approach. 

I hope it does. NFTs in my opinion feel like it's too much for the gaming community. As in I don't see a purpose for it. It may make the studios money, but will the gamers benefit from it in any way? Like it feels like more cash grab than it is to support gamers. 

Once GTA V added it to their online game, I kinda figured it would evolve into it's own thing where it might be a paid cash option to buy special in-game currency that only can be used for gambling. Waiting for it to be added to other games now, since if a big company adds specific aspects most kinda copy + add on more to make more $ or get more hooked onto it. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I hope it does. NFTs in my opinion feel like it's too much for the gaming community. As in I don't see a purpose for it. It may make the studios money, but will the gamers benefit from it in any way? Like it feels like more cash grab than it is to support gamers. 

Seriously, everything that gaming companies incorporate in their games today is to their own benefits first no matter how they cover it up and make it look like they care for the gamers. 

2 hours ago, Syntax said:

Once GTA V added it to their online game, I kinda figured it would evolve into it's own thing where it might be a paid cash option to buy special in-game currency that only can be used for gambling. Waiting for it to be added to other games now, since if a big company adds specific aspects most kinda copy + add on more to make more $ or get more hooked onto it. 

Personally, I knew that Rockstar wouldn't resist the temptation not to have it added to their games and it's not going to end there from the looks of it. 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:31 AM, Syntax said:

It's always about the money for all of them. I have never seen any of them lately that's not eyes glued on anything that can make more money for them.