Register Now
Kane99

Are video games becoming too casual/easy?

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Sadly CDs are going to degrade over time, it's called disc rot. What happens is the metal or plastic in the disc stars to degrade, and eventually the data on the disc becomes unreadable. CDs sadly aren't meant to last a long time, same with DVDs, blu-rays and other disc based media. At least ones like the CD. 

What you've said is true, the says of the CDs is rapidly fading away. Blue-rays, DVDs, VCDs are simply behind, things are going digital now, that's why we have digital made games. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Sadly CDs are going to degrade over time, it's called disc rot. What happens is the metal or plastic in the disc stars to degrade, and eventually the data on the disc becomes unreadable. CDs sadly aren't meant to last a long time, same with DVDs, blu-rays and other disc based media. At least ones like the CD. 

Seriously, it's something that's happened to some of my video CDs that's stayed too long. They become unreadable no matter what I try to do. 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:20 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah, CDs used to be great but its time have passed in my opinion. Having to worry about parking and taking care of the CDs to have it in playable condition is a big work. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, CDs used to be great but its time have passed in my opinion. Having to worry about parking and taking care of the CDs to have it in playable condition is a big work. 

I can remember vividly sometimes in the past when I would have to clean some of my CDs with powder and water just to get it read and play. It was very annoying. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

I can remember vividly sometimes in the past when I would have to clean some of my CDs with powder and water just to get it read and play. It was very annoying. 

I think that most users of CDs for both their games and movies or music likewise all used same strategies trying to get the CDs to be readable. 

I think the issue is that too many people want games that they can get participation points in or that don't have any horrible way to tell if someone is a god or sucks (ex; Battlefield 2042 without a damn scoreboard). Thus it gives the appearance that the game is super easy, just because those who have no skill can play it very easily when they might miss a ton of things a skilled player can do (but is hidden away from view).

2 minutes ago, Syntax said:

I think the issue is that too many people want games that they can get participation points in or that don't have any horrible way to tell if someone is a god or sucks (ex; Battlefield 2042 without a damn scoreboard). Thus it gives the appearance that the game is super easy, just because those who have no skill can play it very easily when they might miss a ton of things a skilled player can do (but is hidden away from view).

A lot have been said about how bad Battlefield 2042 has been with a lot of letdown in the expectations that's built up for it. If you were to rate the game, what's it going to be? 

6 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

If I am to rate it, I wouldn't condemn it much, because I never played it. I only watched it's trailer over and over again. I'll rate fully what I've played, and not what I just watched as trailer..

If you have never played any game or the game, there is no way you would be able to give a good rating for the game. You can't do it with just watching the game's trailer. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

If I am to rate it, I wouldn't condemn it much, because I never played it. I only watched it's trailer over and over again. I'll rate fully what I've played, and not what I just watched as trailer..

How can you rate the game when you have not played it yet? I bet that some people do that and it's why we get weird game's ratings out there. 

51 minutes ago, Boblee said:

How can you rate the game when you have not played it yet? I bet that some people do that and it's why we get weird game's ratings out there. 

You're simply correct buddy. Some users can simply offer their rating when they never played it just by viewing it's trailer and given it unrealistic rating. It's cool when you've played, then it is easy to rate it. 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You're simply correct buddy. Some users can simply offer their rating when they never played it just by viewing it's trailer and given it unrealistic rating. It's cool when you've played, then it is easy to rate it. 

Some trailers can be misleading which is why it's never going to enough for you to rate anything or even games with it. 

On 1/20/2022 at 10:32 AM, Justin11 said:

It's like how I felt about watching The Eternal's movie trailer and went ahead to get the movie which turned out to be full trash. 

Honestly, I think I'd like to play some casual, slow paced games where there isn't a huge challenge. Kinda like that Unpacking game I'm so into. Just a relaxing game to pass the time. I feel that way with two point hospital. Because I feel you can just build and let the little people run the show while I keep building and making the hospital fancy. 😄 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Honestly, I think I'd like to play some casual, slow paced games where there isn't a huge challenge. Kinda like that Unpacking game I'm so into. Just a relaxing game to pass the time. I feel that way with two point hospital. Because I feel you can just build and let the little people run the show while I keep building and making the hospital fancy. 😄 

I have seen that game Unpacking at least three times since last year and it's been reoccurring for me to try it out. I might be doing that.