Register Now
m76

How to choose a gaming chair?

I have this ongoing issue where I can't find a good gaming chair for myself.

I'm really frustrated at this point, even when I try out the chair in the shop after taking it home it's just never right.

Currently I'm using a Frankenstein chair put together from several office seats, that is somewhat bearable, but it's far from perfect.

So how do you choose your gaming chair? You just buy something and use it?

Well, I wouldn't be doing my part for VGR if I didn't point out this sponsored offer. but to be real trying to find a good chair is never easy as it's often difficult or impossible to know exactly how it will feel once it's in front of your desk (or whatever the set-up is) in your own home. To me the more adjustable settings and options a char has, the more likly it is you will find a set up that works for you, but that also means most likely upping the cost. Yeah, this is never an easy thing...

11 hours ago, m76 said:

I have this ongoing issue where I can't find a good gaming chair for myself.

I'm really frustrated at this point, even when I try out the chair in the shop after taking it home it's just never right.

Currently I'm using a Frankenstein chair put together from several office seats, that is somewhat bearable, but it's far from perfect.

So how do you choose your gaming chair? You just buy something and use it?

Depending on the budget you have for the chair, I would suggest that you check out the sponsored post by @DC of Marvel's chair set. I'm very sure you would pick out something good. 

12 hours ago, Shagger said:

Well, I wouldn't be doing my part for VGR if I didn't point out this sponsored offer. but to be real trying to find a good chair is never easy as it's often difficult or impossible to know exactly how it will feel once it's in front of your desk (or whatever the set-up is) in your own home. To me the more adjustable settings and options a char has, the more likly it is you will find a set up that works for you, but that also means most likely upping the cost. Yeah, this is never an easy thing...

I was definitely going to recommend the same thing but you have done it already. The good thing about those chairs is their adjustability, so it's going to be a good fit for use for him. 

I picked up mine from Amazon last year, unbranded and pretty cheap..

It isn't the comfiest of things that I've ever sat on, but nor is it the uncomfiest and for the money it does the job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F8S742Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Might be worth holding off on this particular one though, I paid just over £95.

Those chair at the VGR sponsored post section is worth it indeed, I don't think anyone playing video games will feel discomfort while playing his or her favourite video game. If I'm buying a new gaming chair, I'll simply test it there by taking my console to the place and seating on it to see if I'll be comfortable around it while playing video games. 

18 hours ago, Oblivion Knight said:

It isn't the comfiest of things that I've ever sat on, but nor is it the uncomfiest and for the money it does the job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F8S742Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They all look nice but sadly they are all out of stock currently. I guess one would have to keep on checking to know when they are available. 

22 hours ago, Oblivion Knight said:

Wow, that's quite very cheap compared to the cost of the Marvel ones. Although, the design are way cooler in the Marvel's chair. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Wow, that's quite very cheap compared to the cost of the Marvel ones. Although, the design are way cooler in the Marvel's chair. 

It's the comfortability of the chair that matters most because if a chair looks so cool but not comfy enough when you seat on it, it's not a good fit. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's the comfortability of the chair that matters most because if a chair looks so cool but not comfy enough when you seat on it, it's not a good fit. 

There is no way you would expect the Marvel gaming chair not to be as comfortable as they get. Even the reviews of the chair says it all. 

I kinda don't have an option and just game from my wheel chair. But depending on where and how your gaming setup is, also if you're a console or PC gamer, you could always try a recliner. I've seen people who have recliners in their offices at their computers. Or an easy chair and ottoman. Maybe I'm older than I realize, but a rocking chair always worked for me.

29 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I kinda don't have an option and just game from my wheel chair. But depending on where and how your gaming setup is, also if you're a console or PC gamer, you could always try a recliner. I've seen people who have recliners in their offices at their computers. Or an easy chair and ottoman. Maybe I'm older than I realize, but a rocking chair always worked for me.

It's more like having a default chair set up already as a result of your health situations but it's nothing to worry about as long as you're comfortable gaming sitting in it. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's more like having a default chair set up already as a result of your health situations but it's nothing to worry about as long as you're comfortable gaming sitting in it. 

I've been in this damn thing so long, that I've reached a point to where I'm more comfortable in it that just about any other kind of chair. I mean I'm in it all day, so I better have accustomed to it. Sad as that is to say. Going by what I see in his profile, if the date @DC is shown to have "signed up" for the forum is the day it was built, then I've been in this bastard since before this forum existed.