Register Now
Kane99

They should remaster the THQ N64 wrestling games

From the likes of WWF No Mercy, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, WCW Vs nWo World Tour, and WCW/nWo Revenge, I would love to see them remastered into one game. I know this will never happen sadly, because of licensing mostly (music, wrestlers,images,etc). But It would be a dream to see this series remastered into one set, re-utilizing the Aki engine to get the best of it all. And they could update the graphics if they want. But it doesn't have to be like new games today. 

I know that some fans are keeping this game alive with mods through emulation. And maybe I will look into that and give that a go, but I honestly just want to revisit these classics on modern hardware, so that it runs even better. And playing with friends again would be fun too. 

Anyway, maybe instead of a remaster, we could see a new game made with the Aki engine in mind. Like I said above, some modders are making new wrestlers and creating new arenas and more in some of these games. But, I think it would be great to see a brand new game instead, so that we can show new fans what these games were like. 

But yeah, I'll continue dreaming elsewhere. 😄 

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

Well like you said, this is never gonna happen.  Even if WWE and 2K had any desire to do it which they most certainly don't it would be a licensing nightmare.  Original hardware and emulation will likely forever be the only ways.

Oh of course. There's no chance of this happening, but my hopes no lie with the possibility of new games being made with the Aki engine. if that happens, I could see fans clamoring for a new wrestling game. It doesn't have to be a WWE game either, could be an independent thing with just the controls. 

I heard the AEW game may be utilizing the aki engine, if that's the case, I'm sold. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Oh of course. There's no chance of this happening, but my hopes no lie with the possibility of new games being made with the Aki engine. if that happens, I could see fans clamoring for a new wrestling game. It doesn't have to be a WWE game either, could be an independent thing with just the controls. 

I heard the AEW game may be utilizing the aki engine, if that's the case, I'm sold. 

If AEW's delivers what it's promising then it should be a real fun throwback to those arcade style THQ games.  What's working me about both WWE and AEW's games is that there has been so many changes to their rosters over recent weeks and months that their going to be completely out of date by the time they come out!

19 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

If AEW's delivers what it's promising then it should be a real fun throwback to those arcade style THQ games.  What's working me about both WWE and AEW's games is that there has been so many changes to their rosters over recent weeks and months that their going to be completely out of date by the time they come out!

Oh yeah, especially with WWE, as November alone they got rid of a ton of wrestlers. So 2K's work on all those wrestlers is all for nothing, as they will likely be removed from the game completely, unless WWE hires any of them back. 

But yeah, I hope each of their upcoming games are good. AEW needs to prove themselves more than anything, but they do have Yukes working on it so I have some hope. WWE with 2K is a bit more scary, because I worry they will ruin it with microtransactions and I won't be able to make the created wrestlers I want to make.