Register Now
Kane99

Are devs getting too lazy with remasters?

On 11/29/2021 at 8:35 AM, Boblee said:

Welcome to what Capcom have been doing with the Resident Evil Remakes. They have most certainly run out of ideas on what to do. 

I think the original RE remake is the scariest game in that series, and the only great remake Capcom made, because they added upon the original premise in a way that amazed both new and established fans.

When Konami remade Silent Hill in 2009 as Shattered Memories, it was terrible. 

On 12/4/2021 at 1:41 PM, Heatman said:

With what Rockstar did by giving the job of GTA Trilogy to another 3rd party company shows how lazy they have become lately with remakes. 

What's even the name of that 3rd party company that did that job of making GTA trilogy? 

Personally I wouldn't say that's all that true, although it definitely can be. In a case where the fans want a remaster, it's an easy way to please the fans and make a little money, and everyone's happy. For example, anyone who plays destiny 2 will say they want a pc port remastered or not, edition of destiny 1. But due to the fact that it would basically destroy destiny 2's fanbase is what's stopping it from happening.

On 12/4/2021 at 6:54 PM, killamch89 said:

Except Legendary Edition was just selling the game and its three DLCs in one pack, Special Edition was just a 64bit upgrade to the game with the same bugs and everything. Only the anniversary edition made any actual bug fixes and brought new DLC content which is actually good.

I had the same feeling Skyrim Anniversary Edition when it comes to its bugs and glitches fixes. They had to do that because of lots of complain about the Legendary Edition and Special Edition. 

22 hours ago, Empire said:

Personally I wouldn't say that's all that true, although it definitely can be. In a case where the fans want a remaster, it's an easy way to please the fans and make a little money, and everyone's happy. For example, anyone who plays destiny 2 will say they want a pc port remastered or not, edition of destiny 1. But due to the fact that it would basically destroy destiny 2's fanbase is what's stopping it from happening.

It's a fact that the desires of gaming fans can't all be made a reality but these guys can actually make something that's capable of adding a bit of flair in the games they play. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

If these game companies are not really that lazy when it comes to making video games recently they wouldn't be making a whole lot of crap and bugged video games that we have today.

Imagine the situation where some gaming companies would even make the mistake of not doing the job themselves but contract it out and they have it wiped out. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

Imagine the situation where some gaming companies would even make the mistake of not doing the job themselves but contract it out and they have it wiped out. 

Seriously, that's the height of their laziness especially with what Rockstar did with GTA trilogy. Although, they are not the first company to try that rubbish. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, that's the height of their laziness especially with what Rockstar did with GTA trilogy. Although, they are not the first company to try that rubbish. 

I do believe that is a decision that they have ended up regretting because it actually brought in a very big doubt in the minds of their fans about how good their next GTA game is going to be.

It's a shame for them to give out their video games to third party to produce. Such wouldn't brand them with good name or keep their reputation high. They need to start back developing those games by themselves, put lots of work to make the video games live up to their billing. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

I do believe that is a decision that they have ended up regretting because it actually brought in a very big doubt in the minds of their fans about how good their next GTA game is going to be.

Seriously, I'm still wondering the reason why they had to give out the job of making the GTA trilogy to a 3rd party company?