Register Now
Kane99

Edutainment games that are actually fun

Edutainment games are a genre of games for the purpose of Education. I remember playing a lot of these edutainment games growing one. I remember one time renting an NES game for the weekend, and it was this fire house math game. I wasn't very happy with that rental. 

Anyway, I don't remember that game being any fun, but are there any fun to play edutainment games that you remember playing? Maybe ones you remember playing in school or at your grandparents house or something. I remember playing that incredible machine game in school. We weren't allowed to play it whenever, but when we were allowed, I played a ton of it. Other than that, I don't remember a lot of the games I played in school. 

Mario Is Missing was always fun. I played it a lot, and still do.

Then there's 2 PC games I played when I was a kid. Operation Weather Disaster and Skytrip America. Both were educational, but so much fun to play, that you don't even realize that you're learning.

I just wish I could get my hands on the both of them. I think @Rain Dew has Skytrip America somewhere around here, but I don't know if the disc even works, or if it's scratched up beyond repair.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 11/30/2021 at 11:22 AM, The Blackangel said:

Mario Is Missing was always fun. I played it a lot, and still do.

Then there's 2 PC games I played when I was a kid. Operation Weather Disaster and Skytrip America. Both were educational, but so much fun to play, that you don't even realize that you're learning.

I just wish I could get my hands on the both of them. I think @Rain Dew has Skytrip America somewhere around here, but I don't know if the disc even works, or if it's scratched up beyond repair.

I played Mario Is Missing years ago, but it wasn't for me. I guess it's a fairly simple game once you know what to do, but I when I played, I was a kid and I had no idea what to do lol. 

Operation Weather Disaster sounds vaguely familiar. I might have to check them both out though. 

On 11/30/2021 at 12:47 PM, StormyFire said:

I remember playing a Carmen San Diego game a long time ago that was educational and really fun. ^^

I completely forgot about Carmen Sandiego. My school had that game, but they never let us play it. I just don't think they ever installed the game on the school computers. But I always wanted to play that game.