Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you’ve worked in gaming, did your job change how you approached playing?

15 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

How come they became frustrated when they are simply working in a gaming industry? 

Over familiarity with something kills interest in that thing. Haven't something like that happened to you before? 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, being an insider does that to you even when you don't want it to. It's just the nature of how such things works. Some people gets frustrated with such along the way. 

Being informed is good but too much information isn't that always good in my opinion. I don't know if I really put that well to make sense. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Over familiarity with something kills interest in that thing. Haven't something like that happened to you before? 

I never worked nor felt like that before. Most of my time have always been spent indoors than moving out to do some offline gigs. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I never worked nor felt like that before. Most of my time have always been spent indoors than moving out to do some offline gigs. 

We all have our different ways of adjusting and adapting to something that's going on with us. 

I am learning to make games though nothing is released. I may have to learn about marketing, design, things like making people keep playing etc. I think this way my gameplay while playing other games has affected too as I take pause often to explore games internally.

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I am learning to make games though nothing is released. I may have to learn about marketing, design, things like making people keep playing etc. I think this way my gameplay while playing other games has affected too as I take pause often to explore games internally.

Personally, if I'm hooked up, I'm hooked up in the game and it's a one way joy ride till I'm done or moving on from the game. 

On 1/25/2022 at 7:49 AM, skyfire said:

It's never a big deal to take some time off gaming especially with a particular game when it's not working out well. The time off will do you a lot of good. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's never a big deal to take some time off gaming especially with a particular game when it's not working out well. The time off will do you a lot of good. 

A lot of gamers do that all the time and it's actually something that's sane to do once in a while when you really need to cool off. 

On 1/25/2022 at 7:49 AM, skyfire said:

I don't think that I'm that well learned to take up the project of making video games. I would definitely kill any video games projects I get my hands in. You can set up with Indie developers to help you. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I don't think that I'm that well learned to take up the project of making video games. I would definitely kill any video games projects I get my hands in. You can set up with Indie developers to help you. 

I do believe that with the help of Indie developers, it's definitely going to be something realistic when it comes to making games at least from scratch. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

I do believe that with the help of Indie developers, it's definitely going to be something realistic when it comes to making games at least from scratch. 

Indie developers are gaining a lot of popularity lately and it's all because of how they dedicate their time to their works. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

If I really do have any plans on making any games, Indie developers are definitely going to be my first resort to as long as I can afford to get them. 

Now, the real question is where would you be looking for such indie developers if you have any games that you want to develop? 

On 1/25/2022 at 7:43 AM, Heatman said:

We all have our different ways of adjusting and adapting to something that's going on with us. 

Yes, and my lifestyle have always been the indoor type. I spend almost 20 hours of my time indoors in the past 22 months since covid19 started around March 2020 in my own country.