Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you’ve worked in gaming, did your job change how you approached playing?

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think that a lot of game's testers would definitely feel indifferent when it comes to how games affect or influence them now. They may hardly feel anything. 

Seriously, I believe it's even why they don't even feel the bugs and glitches that comes in the games they tested and approved for its release with bugs. 

47 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I believe it's even why they don't even feel the bugs and glitches that comes in the games they tested and approved for its release with bugs. 

I have actually considered that to a reasonable extent because these guys have these games tested before it's released but yet it comes with bugs, why? 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

I don't really think that checking out for bugs is part of their jobs description but only if the game is playable. 

If you look at it very closely, it really looks like something that's got a pinch of truth in it. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

If you look at it very closely, it really looks like something that's got a pinch of truth in it. 

Seriously, if they do check out for bugs and glitches in new games before it's released, they would be fixed. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, if they do check out for bugs and glitches in new games before it's released, they would be fixed. 

To be very honest with you, it's something that I have come to understand and accept when it comes to what these guys are paid to do. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

They are paid to test video games before they are released. Does it mean this testers simply don't do the needful, just do it halfway and care about the money which they're paid for. 

So, in essence what are they testing out in the first place if the bugs and glitches aren't included? 

On 11/30/2021 at 9:14 PM, StaceyPowers said:

If you have worked in the game industry, did it change how you gamed? I.e. did it burn you out on gaming? Make you more analytical as you game? Etc.

If working in the game's companies gives me an insight into the game that my decision making in the game isn't going to effect any real changes in the game's ending, I would definitely not care much about what I do when playing. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

If working in the game's companies gives me an insight into the game that my decision making in the game isn't going to effect any real changes in the game's ending, I would definitely not care much about what I do when playing. 

There is no need trying to over do stuff when you already know the outcome of what it's going to be in the with or without your decision. 

On 2/2/2022 at 9:30 AM, Heatman said:

So, in essence what are they testing out in the first place if the bugs and glitches aren't included? 

That's first few things they ought to check before going on declaring the game set for release, when the needful isn't checked. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's first few things they ought to check before going on declaring the game set for release, when the needful isn't checked. 

It is definitely not among what they are looking at because over the years there have been developing their games it has been the same thing.

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

It is definitely not among what they are looking at because over the years there have been developing their games it has been the same thing.

I don't even know the company that's worst at doing that when it comes to not caring about what they are releasing for gamers. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

In the past it was better, but at this moment, it is worst, their is no sign of improvement. That's why I don't care much of their video games.