Register Now
StaceyPowers

What developers do the best job supporting their games?

This days they are simply the next big dawn in the gaming world, looking for money all the time. The game devs or companies doesn't care about our dissatisfaction. What matters to them is the money they are earning. 

Edited by Justin11

I'd have to say the majority of indie game developers, as they tend to work further on their games. Big titles tend to lose support after a few years I'd say, but with indie devs I feel like they want to keep working on their games. 

A lot of the big time devs out there, even the good ones, seem to make more mistakes than they should. Years ago I respected Rockstar, but in recent years they've gotten lazy and their focus became about the money rather than making games fans want. I want to like Rockstar, but their focus is on money rather than making a fun experience, and it shows with the recent GTA trilogy. 

But yeah, Indie devs for me, they seem to be the ones that have passion for making games people truly want to play. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'd have to say the majority of indie game developers, as they tend to work further on their games. Big titles tend to lose support after a few years I'd say, but with indie devs I feel like they want to keep working on their games. 

A lot of the big time devs out there, even the good ones, seem to make more mistakes than they should. Years ago I respected Rockstar, but in recent years they've gotten lazy and their focus became about the money rather than making games fans want. I want to like Rockstar, but their focus is on money rather than making a fun experience, and it shows with the recent GTA trilogy. 

But yeah, Indie devs for me, they seem to be the ones that have passion for making games people truly want to play. 

The GTA trilogy was a very big letdown by Rockstar because I never really expected them to follow the pattern they did with making that game which only proves that it's all about the money for them; which begs the question what they are going to do when they will produce the much-awaited GTA 6.

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

The GTA trilogy was a very big letdown by Rockstar because I never really expected them to follow the pattern they did with making that game which only proves that it's all about the money for them; which begs the question what they are going to do when they will produce the much-awaited GTA 6.

GTA 6 will be just fine, considering it will be developed by the main team at Rockstar. Grove Street Games will not be working on GTA 6 in any capacity, at least I wouldn't imagine they would. They will make sure to make quality when GTA 6 is released. It won't come out like the remastered trilogy, because they make sure to release when games are ready. Unfortunately, they clearly didn't check the remastered trilogy enough to see how much of a mess it was. So I could understand some worry for GTA 6 as well now. GTA 6 will be fine. I'm just worried about their future remasters. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

GTA 6 will be just fine, considering it will be developed by the main team at Rockstar. Grove Street Games will not be working on GTA 6 in any capacity, at least I wouldn't imagine they would. They will make sure to make quality when GTA 6 is released. It won't come out like the remastered trilogy, because they make sure to release when games are ready. Unfortunately, they clearly didn't check the remastered trilogy enough to see how much of a mess it was. So I could understand some worry for GTA 6 as well now. GTA 6 will be fine. I'm just worried about their future remasters. 

It's all down to keeping our fingers crossed and hopefully Rockstar wouldn't still have Grove Street Games in the crew that would involved with making GTA 6, otherwise the shit is going to blow over. 

As someone who works closely with indie studios, I would say that indie devs care a lot about these issues. Sometimes because they have less resources or other problems and they take some time to respond, but they do care about their players because they're usually, above all, people who love videogames with a passion.

Artix Entertainment of the AdventureQuest franchise have always been consistently enthusiastic about game updates, and their optimism and drive has seen them through a few products that would have otherwise flopped immediately under a lesser studio. Even AdventureQuest 3D which I thought would be written off weeks after its Steam Early Access has pulled through as being an amazing game given its limitations as a mobile MMO.

It's one thing for a studio to just churn out updates and monetisation. It's another to do so with a genuine love for your franchise which has gone on for so long and not hopping onto the latest trends because they make a ton of money.

3 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Artix Entertainment of the AdventureQuest franchise have always been consistently enthusiastic about game updates, and their optimism and drive has seen them through a few products that would have otherwise flopped immediately under a lesser studio. Even AdventureQuest 3D which I thought would be written off weeks after its Steam Early Access has pulled through as being an amazing game given its limitations as a mobile MMO.

It's one thing for a studio to just churn out updates and monetisation. It's another to do so with a genuine love for your franchise which has gone on for so long and not hopping onto the latest trends because they make a ton of money.

I totally forgot about AdventureQuest - I haven't played it about 15 years. They always had armor releases and new content and updates every week without fail. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Even after 15 years you played it last..you still came to discuss it like you're playing it last seven days ago, Lol. 

Yeah - because it was a game I really liked in high school but I haven't played it since. But I did see that it was still getting constantly updated even 15 years later.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - because it was a game I really liked in high school but I haven't played it since. But I did see that it was still getting constantly updated even 15 years later.

There are some old games that leaves a lasting impression and impact on the gamers and that they are few in the world today.