Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do completionist tendencies ever compel you to do things you hate in games?

On 12/19/2021 at 11:53 PM, Boblee said:

It's actually why gamers who aren't pressed about being a game's completionist have more peace playing their games. 

Although, I did found out that there are some gamers who have completionist tendencies that do still have their peace when they get what they want. 

On 12/19/2021 at 11:53 PM, Boblee said:

It's actually why gamers who aren't pressed about being a game's completionist have more peace playing their games. 

I have actually tried to play with a completionist tendencies in my gaming history in the past but I realize that it's not worth it. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have actually tried to play with a completionist tendencies in my gaming history in the past but I realize that it's not worth it. 

It's actually good to try out somethings once in a while to have the real experience of what it's like to be in that position. 

34 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I wonder while I'll come into a video game I love simply carrying a completionist tendency by doing all sort of things simply to reach the ending point of a game. 

If you are not willing to spend money on games in order to have it completed, then you are not ready yet. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you are not willing to spend money on games in order to have it completed, then you are not ready yet. 

Not that I wouldn't complete it, but such tendency shouldn't make me rush my game and not settling down to enjoy it. Moreover lost of the active games of mine aren't the ones to be completed like that. Because I do go an a free racing and not mainly on mission. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Not that I wouldn't complete it, but such tendency shouldn't make me rush my game and not settling down to enjoy it. Moreover lost of the active games of mine aren't the ones to be completed like that. Because I do go an a free racing and not mainly on mission. 

Once you have the completionist tendencies in your gaming behavior, there is nothing that would be off limit for you to do when it comes to playing games. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Once you have the completionist tendencies in your gaming behavior, there is nothing that would be off limit for you to do when it comes to playing games. 

Such isn't bad either, but we all have our desires when it comes to playing games, I am not such kind of player. But when it comes my way that I should finish up a game, then I wouldn't mind either. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Such isn't bad either, but we all have our desires when it comes to playing games, I am not such kind of player. But when it comes my way that I should finish up a game, then I wouldn't mind either. 

Yeah, that works for most people and it's why they keep on doing it. Well, as for me to do that, it's hardly going to happen. 

On 12/22/2021 at 5:53 PM, Justin11 said:

If you have a completionist tendencies, you can't let any game go. It would take away your peace of mind in gaming if you do that. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you have a completionist tendencies, you can't let any game go. It would take away your peace of mind in gaming if you do that. 

That's what I've always defended dear. I can't let my completionist tendency take away my passion for the game, not at all. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's what I've always defended dear. I can't let my completionist tendency take away my passion for the game, not at all. 

I don't really know or think of it that way - being that having completionist tendency take away my passion for the gaming but rather it will get you addicted to games. 

22 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I really don't fancy being a completionist cos, I don't want to lose my drive for the video game, rather I want to enjoy my time playing the game I choose to play. 

Exactly, it's something that did happened to me playing one particular game back then. I think that it was Apex Legends or something.