Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do completionist tendencies ever compel you to do things you hate in games?

2 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's got nothing to do with my health really but I know how stressful it can get trying to keep up with the playing pattern that comes with trophy collection. 

Okay, I was thinking it has a negative impact in your health, like causing you headache whenever you push yourself harder to break more achievements in the game faster. 

41 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, it's been how he rolls with his gameplay over the years and he's quite that damn good at it. If I'm that good at trophy collection, it would be awesome. 

If you don't start out your game playing life as a collector, it's definitely going to be very difficult for you to follow that pattern afterwards. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you don't start out your game playing life as a collector, it's definitely going to be very difficult for you to follow that pattern afterwards. 

This is so me with my gaming life in the beginning. I actually did collected a few but I wasn't built for that kind of stuff. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

This is so me with my gaming life in the beginning. I actually did collected a few but I wasn't built for that kind of stuff. 

Seriously, being a game collector is one challenging task that takes a lot of toll on the gamer because you will burn a lot of energy doing that. 

On 12/6/2021 at 12:44 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Those who are simply concerned with finishing the game levels are the ones who put much attention to crave any route and execute their plans of finishing all levels within set duration. 

To some extent, as long as the end is worth it for most of them, I believe that it's the reason why they would never stop playing their games like that. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

To some extent, as long as the end is worth it for most of them, I believe that it's the reason why they would never stop playing their games like that. 

Yes, they'll never. They simply wants to get better off with what they've soaked themselves into. Just to make sure the game goes to the finishing point. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't play much of the games to land me on the finishing point as a priority. I play gradually to enjoy myself, if eventually it goes to the wire then no problem I'll finish it up. 

You definitely don't have completionist tendencies in your gaming life because of the way that you play. Just playing to enjoy yourself works well. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

You definitely don't have completionist tendencies in your gaming life because of the way that you play. Just playing to enjoy yourself works well. 

That's it bro. I don't care much about the finishing of the game. But if I play it and it looks interesting though and not too hard, I wouldn't mind finishing the game. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't play much of the games to land me on the finishing point as a priority. I play gradually to enjoy myself, if eventually it goes to the wire then no problem I'll finish it up. 

Depending on the nature of the game, I might be forced to derive satisfaction from actually completing the game and it's the only thing that would matter for me in the game. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Depending on the nature of the game, I might be forced to derive satisfaction from actually completing the game and it's the only thing that would matter for me in the game. 

That's an option, pleasure from a video game is captivating and makes a gamer to play long in the game. You wouldn't even know when you'll finish the whole chapters. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Which of the games have you played recently which gave you such tendency to play to the end due to how interesting it is? 

I did mentioned something not quite long about pushing hard to complete playing Hitman 3 but couldn't.