Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do completionist tendencies ever compel you to do things you hate in games?

Just now, skyfire said:

I never get that feeling though that I have to complete or if I ever complete I still feel like going back and playing the games like age of empire series or age of mythology, darksiders etc.

Some gamers don't even have enough time to all the things that they need to do with their lives and not to talk of punishing themselves to complete a game. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I did mentioned something not quite long about pushing hard to complete playing Hitman 3 but couldn't.

It does looks like you were trying to rush the game and have it complete sooner than later. Why is that or unless my observation is wrong? 

On 1/25/2022 at 9:46 AM, Boblee said:

It does looks like you were trying to rush the game and have it complete sooner than later. Why is that or unless my observation is wrong? 

Well, in a way, you're very correct about my trying to rush the game and have it completed. Although, I might still replay it again. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Well, in a way, you're very correct about my trying to rush the game and have it completed. Although, I might still replay it again. 

As long as you know how to play in a healthy way that even if you rushed the game, it wouldn't puff on you too hard. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You should go slow and steady in the Hitman game. Remember, it bears same pronunciation with your own nickname, so play harder. 

Yeah, I would definitely keep that in mind with how I play the game. Maybe I would get another thing to distract me a little. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You should go slow and steady in the Hitman game. Remember, it bears same pronunciation with your own nickname, so play harder. 

It was actually how I tried to rush playing Red Dead Redemption 2 but figured I'd ruin my interest in the game and had to slow down. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Nothing in this world would ever make me rush playing Red Dead Redemption 2 or The Last Of Us II. Those 2 games are better appreciated when you take your time to play it. 

Seriously, there are some games that you can't have it any other way but play it at its sweet pace and not over rush it at all. 

On 1/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, Boblee said:

It was actually how I tried to rush playing Red Dead Redemption 2 but figured I'd ruin my interest in the game and had to slow down. 

You simply needed to slow down in the game, it isn't easy when you're playing it at the highest level. It's simply a cracker with the opposing shooters. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You simply needed to slow down in the game, it isn't easy when you're playing it at the highest level. It's simply a cracker with the opposing shooters. 

I think that he already realized that it's not the best way to play the game Red Dead Redemption 2 and readjusted his game plan. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that he already realized that it's not the best way to play the game Red Dead Redemption 2 and readjusted his game plan. 

I believe so, he can simply readjust the game difficulty level a little bit. As he's advancing in the game, he can simply increase it again. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, it's something that I have done already and started enjoying the game more than I ever did when I started out playing. 

2 minutes ago, StormyFire said:

I don't think that I would force myself to do things that I hate. I love completing games fully, but I can't really force myself to do things that I hate in games just for the sake of having done them.

I think that there are some games that forces your hand to do such things and it sucks as well as sicken my stomach whenever I get to do that.