Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do completionist tendencies ever compel you to do things you hate in games?

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, it's something that I have done already and started enjoying the game more than I ever did when I started out playing. 

At least you've seen it already. I love starting from somewhere around the medium level before increasing the difficulty. I wouldn't just increae it when I am still a novice. 

I'll add, that I think one thing I hate in some games is being forced to do races or dumb challenges. I remember the just cause games had some awful racing levels. And some of them I think you had to do to 100% it. After the first few races, I realized I hated it and stopped after a few more. Just not worth it if it's not fun. 

16 hours ago, StormyFire said:

I don't think that I would force myself to do things that I hate. I love completing games fully, but I can't really force myself to do things that I hate in games just for the sake of having done them.

Seriously, the end of it is to drop the video game and stop playing immediately and everything is over already for the game. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'll add, that I think one thing I hate in some games is being forced to do races or dumb challenges. I remember the just cause games had some awful racing levels. And some of them I think you had to do to 100% it. After the first few races, I realized I hated it and stopped after a few more. Just not worth it if it's not fun. 

On the scale of 1 to 10, how much do you really love any kind of racing video games? 

On 1/29/2022 at 7:50 PM, Justin11 said:

At least you've seen it already. I love starting from somewhere around the medium level before increasing the difficulty. I wouldn't just increae it when I am still a novice. 

Personally, I don't really like games that doesn't give me serious challenges when playing. It's why starting at a difficult level works well for me. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I don't really like games that doesn't give me serious challenges when playing. It's why starting at a difficult level works well for me. 

The level of experience and knowledge that you get from playing in a high difficult level can't be accessed anywhere. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, that's why it's the only way which I can play any of my games, otherwise, I'm never getting into the game at all. 

You get to learn more from the game when you play that way because the challenge is going to put a lot pressure on you. 

On 1/31/2022 at 10:31 AM, Heatman said:

I do enjoy playing at a difficult level too, but as a beginner I wouldn't start in an extreme difficult level. I'll go with medium first, as I'm progressing I'll be climbing. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I do enjoy playing at a difficult level too, but as a beginner I wouldn't start in an extreme difficult level. I'll go with medium first, as I'm progressing I'll be climbing. 

It's totally understandable for game beginners to start slow and get used to the game while they progress and get better at their gameplay. 

On 1/30/2022 at 7:06 AM, Boblee said:

On the scale of 1 to 10, how much do you really love any kind of racing video games? 

I'm not a big racing fan, but I will play some of them. I'd say I'm 50/50 on it. Maybe a 6/10 in interest. But I wouldn't say that equates to all racing games. Some are better than others and I like others better then some others. 

But yeah, it depends on the racing game. The game I mentioned didn't have traditional races. It was an added on portion of the game that felt pointless. Maybe it was because in Just Cause, driving cars felt like a waste of time, considering you could fly around the map much faster with your grapple hook and wingsuit. At least in 4 I think. But even with the other games, you could fly around with your grapple hook and parachute much faster than driving around the map would get you. 

12 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I'm not a big racing fan, but I will play some of them. I'd say I'm 50/50 on it. Maybe a 6/10 in interest. But I wouldn't say that equates to all racing games. Some are better than others and I like others better then some others. 

But yeah, it depends on the racing game. The game I mentioned didn't have traditional races. It was an added on portion of the game that felt pointless. Maybe it was because in Just Cause, driving cars felt like a waste of time, considering you could fly around the map much faster with your grapple hook and wingsuit. At least in 4 I think. But even with the other games, you could fly around with your grapple hook and parachute much faster than driving around the map would get you. 

I do understand that very well and it's why I have strong connection with playing Gran Turismo. For the record, I have played all their release till date and waiting for the GT 7.

8 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I do understand that very well and it's why I have strong connection with playing Gran Turismo. For the record, I have played all their release till date and waiting for the GT 7.

There is a State of Play Streaming tonight and GT7 is going to be highly featured.  I think I'll start a topic for it and I'll leave a link here. If can catch the edit in time!

Edited by Crazycrab

5 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

There is a State of Play Streaming tonight and GT7 is going to be highly featured.  I think I'll start a topic for it and I'll leave a link here. If can catch the edit in time!

I'm definitely not missing out on that and thank you very much for making me aware of that.