Register Now
Kane99

Displaying your games/game collection

Do you guys like to display any of your games? Maybe it be in a collection, on a shelf, or maybe it be more unique, like a shadow box, or maybe a picture frame you made for the purpose. Think like how some people put their music albums on their wall to display, think like that with video games. Do you have any video games on display? 

Also, I think I'd count it if people were to make art out of their games. Also, maybe you display your favorite game(s) on a stand or something. I doubt most people display games like that, especially due to how bulky some games and their cases are, but I can see some people display their favorite games at least. 

Nothing like displaying something you are passionate for that you collected. I don't collect games, but do collect other things. Does leaving game cases stacked on a table count as displaying them? Cause that's what I do. Maybe the rise in online download purchases will increase the value of physical games, since eventually they will maybe become obsolete. 

24 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Nothing like displaying something you are passionate for that you collected. I don't collect games, but do collect other things. Does leaving game cases stacked on a table count as displaying them? Cause that's what I do. Maybe the rise in online download purchases will increase the value of physical games, since eventually they will maybe become obsolete. 

I would say yeah. I consider them on a shelf as display. Just the same as having books on a shelf. I'd say that counts. 

That is a possibility. I could see digital games bringing some prices up for physical games. Especially if they are rare games physically. 

It sucks having to buy things twice, but for gaming collectors, if you can buy a rare copy brand new and keep it mint unopened, and have a collection of those; may be worth something later. Think about that while it’s available. One thing I collect is not made anymore, so I wish I could go back in time to buy doubles. 

I don't necessarily display my games out of a need for them to be seen, but given I have an extensive collection at this point, them being on shelves and plainly visible is simply unavoidable, granted, almost half of my collection is in storage at this point, so it's not nearly as bad of a "display" as it used to be :) 

One thing that I commonly do especially with the games that I love so much is that I have posters of them and some of them also printed on my mugs and T-shirts. So it is practically how I love to display some of those games that gave me Joy.

7 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

This pic is really old, and only covers a fraction of my games. Especially since my library has grown since then, but this is how I display my games.

games.jpg

The way which you had them stored in boxes would help prevent them from mixing up and damaging too easily. 

Keep my video game collections intact without exposing it. I simply love it to be kept a considerable quieter place to avoid being seen as a game addict. And for in-game purchases I wouldn't do much of that, due to how expensive it gonna be, and the stress used in setting it up through download. 

On 12/1/2021 at 5:06 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

It sucks having to buy things twice, but for gaming collectors, if you can buy a rare copy brand new and keep it mint unopened, and have a collection of those; may be worth something later. Think about that while it’s available. One thing I collect is not made anymore, so I wish I could go back in time to buy doubles. 

@Family sedan is one of the biggest game collectors that I have encountered is this forum cause of his size of collection in the racing video games.

On 12/1/2021 at 1:46 PM, The Blackangel said:

This pic is really old, and only covers a fraction of my games. Especially since my library has grown since then, but this is how I display my games.

games.jpg

Nice, you must have a decent collection going. Do you ever have plans to put them on a shelf? Or are you going to keep them in bins for easier access? 

On 12/1/2021 at 12:19 AM, PGen98 said:

I don't necessarily display my games out of a need for them to be seen, but given I have an extensive collection at this point, them being on shelves and plainly visible is simply unavoidable, granted, almost half of my collection is in storage at this point, so it's not nearly as bad of a "display" as it used to be 🙂

I kinda dream of having a game room where I can put up tons of shelves with all the games I have. I just like the idea of seeing all of my games lined up. Plus I also want to put gaming memorabilia around the collection as well. But yeah, I get that. Sometimes it's not easy to display everything, especially if you may have a smaller room or house and can't accomodate a ton of games in one area. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Nice, you must have a decent collection going. Do you ever have plans to put them on a shelf? Or are you going to keep them in bins for easier access? 

I kinda dream of having a game room where I can put up tons of shelves with all the games I have. I just like the idea of seeing all of my games lined up. Plus I also want to put gaming memorabilia around the collection as well. But yeah, I get that. Sometimes it's not easy to display everything, especially if you may have a smaller room or house and can't accomodate a ton of games in one area. 

Having them put in shelf would make it easier to access and even to easily take inventory on the games. It's why making use of shelf is way cooler. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's just the NES, SNES, and N64 games. I don't have any of my PlayStation games down there or any of my Xbox games down there. I don't have my Sega, Atari, or Game Boy games down there. I know one bin says Game Boy on it, but that's just accessories. All my Switch games are in a case, most of which are DDL's. As a matter of fact I have 116 DDL's on my Switch. But I have in total over 1000 games in my collection, spanning several systems. Some that are somewhat rare like Ducktales 2 and TMNT Tournament Fighters on NES. I also have Secret Of Mana on SNES. I'm saving what up and plan on getting a quality authentic copy of Little Samson when I can afford it. If I ever decide I want to play it, I'll get a repro.

It's been steadily growing over the last 20 or so years. But needless to say, my collection is enormous.

Edited by The Blackangel