Register Now
Kane99

Displaying your games/game collection

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's just the NES, SNES, and N64 games. I don't have any of my PlayStation games down there or any of my Xbox games down there. I don't have my Sega, Atari, or Game Boy games down there. I know one bin says Game Boy on it, but that's just accessories. All my Switch games are in a case, most of which are DDL's. As a matter of fact I have 116 DDL's on my Switch. But I have in total over 1000 games in my collection, spanning several systems. Some that are somewhat rare like Ducktales 2 and TMNT Tournament Fighters on NES. I also have Secret Of Mana on SNES. I'm saving what up and plan on getting a quality authentic copy of Little Samson when I can afford it. If I ever decide I want to play it, I'll get a repro.

It's been steadily growing over the last 20 or so years. But needless to say, my collection is enormous.

Noice! I've heard little Samson is a more rare title. I've started to keep an eye out for more rare Nintendo games like that. Thrift stores will sometimes surprise you. I want to start going thrifting again to find games. I want to build my collection of games again. Just hope these shops don't charge ebay prices or something.

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's just the NES, SNES, and N64 games. I don't have any of my PlayStation games down there or any of my Xbox games down there. I don't have my Sega, Atari, or Game Boy games down there. I know one bin says Game Boy on it, but that's just accessories. All my Switch games are in a case, most of which are DDL's. As a matter of fact I have 116 DDL's on my Switch. But I have in total over 1000 games in my collection, spanning several systems. Some that are somewhat rare like Ducktales 2 and TMNT Tournament Fighters on NES. I also have Secret Of Mana on SNES. I'm saving what up and plan on getting a quality authentic copy of Little Samson when I can afford it. If I ever decide I want to play it, I'll get a repro.

It's been steadily growing over the last 20 or so years. But needless to say, my collection is enormous.

Even without saying that, it's very obvious that you're one hell of a gamer, for you to have such number of games only on NES, SNES, and N64 games. 

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

Even without saying that, it's very obvious that you're one hell of a gamer, for you to have such number of games only on NES, SNES, and N64 games. 

Some would call it a severe case of OCD, others (like you) would praise it. And in case anyone is wondering I have played every single game down there, and beaten the vast majority of them. Off the top of my head the only one I can think of that I have yet to beat is Legacy Of The Wizard on NES. I've talked about it before. 30 years playing that god damn game and I still haven't beaten the bastard. The fucking crowns are impossible to find. I'm a hairs breath away from saying "screw it" and plugging it in with a Game Genie. I use the Game Genie on a lot of my games anyway, but I use it to cripple myself in some way so that the games are more challenging. LOTW would be one case where I would power myself up.

Edited by The Blackangel

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Even if I have 1,000+ games, I wouldn't showcase it via the public scene. I'll simply stay cool, and play to my satisfaction, because I love anonymity at times. 

There is nothing wrong with doing that as well. It's a personal decision and no one would fault you for doing that. 

On 12/5/2021 at 1:46 AM, The Blackangel said:

Some would call it a severe case of OCD, others (like you) would praise it. And in case anyone is wondering I have played every single game down there, and beaten the vast majority of them. Off the top of my head the only one I can think of that I have yet to beat is Legacy Of The Wizard on NES. I've talked about it before. 30 years playing that god damn game and I still haven't beaten the bastard. The fucking crowns are impossible to find. I'm a hairs breath away from saying "screw it" and plugging it in with a Game Genie. I use the Game Genie on a lot of my games anyway, but I use it to cripple myself in some way so that the games are more challenging. LOTW would be one case where I would power myself up.

That level of gaming commitment is something which you hardly see from gamers today. Some that give in close to that level ends up being unable to control their addiction. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is nothing wrong with doing that as well. It's a personal decision and no one would fault you for doing that. 

You're there, the world is a free one, everyone makes decision and decisions are respected due to the act of freewill. I am a shy one, I am only social via online and not in the physical world. 

On 12/2/2021 at 10:29 PM, Kane99 said:

Nice, you must have a decent collection going. Do you ever have plans to put them on a shelf? Or are you going to keep them in bins for easier access? 

I kinda dream of having a game room where I can put up tons of shelves with all the games I have. I just like the idea of seeing all of my games lined up. Plus I also want to put gaming memorabilia around the collection as well. But yeah, I get that. Sometimes it's not easy to display everything, especially if you may have a smaller room or house and can't accomodate a ton of games in one area. 

Left to my own devices I'd follow this example:

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When the gamer stock lots of games via his backlog, it gives him or her option to pick out anyone at any given time to play. 

One funny thing about game's backlog is that they keep getting bigger and bigger as long as you keep purchasing new games, you will never play them all. 

31 minutes ago, Boblee said:

One funny thing about game's backlog is that they keep getting bigger and bigger as long as you keep purchasing new games, you will never play them all. 

Yeah, provided you're the type that love's purchasing games often, you wouldn't know when it will become so big, and some games being unplayable too.