Register Now
Kane99

Displaying your games/game collection

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's true, I don't see it like an investment to buy and stock video games to flip them later. It's simply for personal derivatives and nothing more. 

It's definitely worth more than just an investment. It's more like a culture and that can't be sold that easily for any reason whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

It's definitely worth more than just an investment. It's more like a culture and that can't be sold that easily for any reason whatsoever. 

The one I know to well that can serve me well as an investment, is the one which I bought as a hard copy, because I can resell it or exchange it for another game. 

Majority of my games are CDs, the digital version of my PS4 games is '56. Whereas I got about 74 CDs for my PS4. Majority of them are gift from my pals, and some I got them through fairly used purchased from my favourite local gaming store. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's true, I don't see it like an investment to buy and stock video games to flip them later. It's simply for personal derivatives and nothing more. 

Modern day games can't do that which she did with saving and cataloging her games far back like that. It's absolutely incredible. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Modern day games can't do that which she did with saving and cataloging her games far back like that. It's absolutely incredible. 

Is impressive of her, cataloging the number of games she got, which enabled her to know the actual number of games in her catalogue. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Is impressive of her, cataloging the number of games she got, which enabled her to know the actual number of games in her catalogue. 

What makes it more interesting is the kind of games that are there, how far back they are dated and it's still in one piece. 

On 12/22/2021 at 8:28 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Majority of my games are CDs, the digital version of my PS4 games is '56. Whereas I got about 74 CDs for my PS4. Majority of them are gift from my pals, and some I got them through fairly used purchased from my favourite local gaming store. 

You can easily save all your games on CDs, although the only challenge would be if they would still be playable over years. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

What makes it more interesting is the kind of games that are there, how far back they are dated and it's still in one piece. 

Yeah, when your backlog is moving bigger, it shows you're in progress with video games, that's a spirit of a true gamer, being consistent in loading up more games. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, when your backlog is moving bigger, it shows you're in progress with video games, that's a spirit of a true gamer, being consistent in loading up more games. 

Imagine having games that are 40 years back dated still in your catalog inventory.... It's not something that most people can do. 

22 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I can play even the one that has lasted over 50 years, provided it is worth it. 

I think that playing the first part of the game that's been around for 50 years is definitely going to be a bit of a chore. 

On 12/24/2021 at 11:59 PM, Heatman said:

Imagine having games that are 40 years back dated still in your catalog inventory.... It's not something that most people can do. 

Sure, not something everyone can do, only those who are preservative enough can do such kind of magnificent job of preserving their video game/console for such number of years. 

On 12/25/2021 at 11:17 PM, Heatman said:

I think that playing the first part of the game that's been around for 50 years is definitely going to be a bit of a chore. 

I have good reasons to believe that there are some gamers who would still find the first game on that very entertaining for them to play. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

I have good reasons to believe that there are some gamers who would still find the first game on that very entertaining for them to play. 

Classic gamers would still definitely be interested in playing the games more than what we play now from the looks of it. 

52 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Classic gamers would still definitely be interested in playing the games more than what we play now from the looks of it. 

My ex is a classic gamer and it still amazes me the kind of games she still gets into and you would see that she likes it a lot.