Register Now
GeppyX

Why can't I find a PS5????

This is getting outrageous. I remember almost a year ago going into Gamestop and the cashier told everyone to be patient and just wait until March or so to get a PS5. Lol, it's almost 2022. The PS5 is more than a year old and I have never even put my hands on one! How does Sony expect to make money if they don't have consoles available to buy? It's a year later and we won't have a PS5 for Christmas still? I'm starting to feel like they will never be in stores. 

3 minutes ago, GeppyX said:

This is getting outrageous. I remember almost a year ago going into Gamestop and the cashier told everyone to be patient and just wait until March or so to get a PS5. Lol, it's almost 2022. The PS5 is more than a year old and I have never even put my hands on one! How does Sony expect to make money if they don't have consoles available to buy? It's a year later and we won't have a PS5 for Christmas still? I'm starting to feel like they will never be in stores. 

Blame it on the scalpers. Stores have been only given limited stock at certain times, usually random times, so that more people can sign up for the option to buy one. I think the PlayStation sites has an option to be notified of stores that have more stock. I would also check into walmart, target and other stores and see if they have an option to be notified when some are in stock. 

Sadly, this is going to be the future, because it seems every gaming item that releases has to be bought up by scalpers, and in turn they make it hard to find or bring the price up a ton. Even the Xbox Series X mini fridge was picked up by scalpers. It's a sad world when all the good stuff we want goes to scalpers first. 😞  

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Blame it on the scalpers. Stores have been only given limited stock at certain times, usually random times, so that more people can sign up for the option to buy one. I think the PlayStation sites has an option to be notified of stores that have more stock. I would also check into walmart, target and other stores and see if they have an option to be notified when some are in stock. 

Sadly, this is going to be the future, because it seems every gaming item that releases has to be bought up by scalpers, and in turn they make it hard to find or bring the price up a ton. Even the Xbox Series X mini fridge was picked up by scalpers. It's a sad world when all the good stuff we want goes to scalpers first. 😞  

Ebay and Amazon should ban them from overselling!

1 minute ago, GeppyX said:

Ebay and Amazon should ban them from overselling!

They are, but scalpers seem to know how to cheat the system. I worked at a call center a while back, and it was for this kids product that people really loved to collect around the holiday season. They would only allow 12 products per customer, but we found multiple people getting behind that, by simply using a nearby empty address and they'll either use a different card. I found someone who was able to buy hundreds of product, all while using the same address somehow. Our system didn't catch them. But, we caught him because the guy called in, saying his package was marked delivered, but wasn't there. I did the usual, search for the order and that's how I found it. 

These scalpers would buy the product, and put it on ebay and amazon for double, sometimes triple the price. I was told that the company would often go on to said sites and flag the products. But a lot of people got away with it sadly. 

But yeah, Amazon and Ebay have started to battle them a bit. I wish they would just only allow a set price for new consoles, because they shouldn't increase in price considering they are being mass produced. So if Ebay and Amazon had a system in place that would only allow you to go up to a certain price point, then I don't see this ending anytime soon. 

What I recommend you do, is sign up at any store like walmart, as they will notify you when a sale is happening and you'll get dibs over others. That's my best suggestion right now, because this feels like it'll continue for months to come. 

The reason it's so hard to find one right now pretty much comes down to Covid. The pandemic hit everything so hard, that there is a microchip shortage, so they are only able to make a few at a time. Far less than normal, so the supply is scarce. You have to be fast and have the money ready to get one. The PS4 wasn't nearly this bad when it came out. Nor was the Xbox One. Previous systems weren't either. But we weren't in a pandemic when they came out. The only thing you can do is either be lucky or patient. Aside from that, you're simply going to have to do without.