Register Now
StormyFire

Innovation

Innovation is going to keep increasing. But Ubisoft and Watch Dogs Legion, I think has become the most innovative game. There are all kinds of gadgets you can control; You can ride a drone all around the city; that's like the eagle in Assassin's Creed on steroids. And cruise control in driving to get you anywhere on the map and you could just sight see. And interacting with anybody you come across and recruit. What other games have better innovation? I will rescind my opinion if there is one. 

On 12/2/2021 at 3:57 PM, StormyFire said:

What game developers do you view as the most innovative today? Do you think that innovation in gaming is increasing or declining?

It's declining i'd say, the problem is that not that many big publishers are willing to take a risk on something innovative/new. Clearly the most innovative devs are the ones creating smaller indie games, sometimes it's a hit or a stinker but many innovation and creative ideas these days comes from smaller studios.

On 12/2/2021 at 3:57 PM, StormyFire said:

What game developers do you view as the most innovative today? Do you think that innovation in gaming is increasing or declining?

I think that FromSoftware Inc are becoming more innovative with their games. You can see what they did with Elden Ring. 

4 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

It's declining i'd say, the problem is that not that many big publishers are willing to take a risk on something innovative/new. Clearly the most innovative devs are the ones creating smaller indie games, sometimes it's a hit or a stinker but many innovation and creative ideas these days comes from smaller studios.

Seriously, most of them clearly are Iost when it comes to being creative and bringing something new into the system because they don't have it to offer again. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I believe that Guerrilla Games did something impressive with Horizon Forbidden West that was published by Sony Interactive Entertainment when it comes to being creative and innovative. 

No gamer would ever argue with that at all because that game was perfected on all levels of expectations. 

On 3/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, Heatman said:

I think that FromSoftware Inc are becoming more innovative with their games. You can see what they did with Elden Ring. 

Lol from software has been pretty much making dark souls games and a few spin offs like elden ring and bloodborne/sekiro since 2010, while i won't deny these games are all classics in their own rights, they are following the same concept. How is that innovative?

It is very difficult to find innovation in AAA games. We will always find small details that innovate, obviously, but the basis of the game will always be something that is already known, basically because one of the characteristics of AAA is that they should not take risks due to the important financial outlay they make.

18 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Lol from software has been pretty much making dark souls games and a few spin offs like elden ring and bloodborne/sekiro since 2010, while i won't deny these games are all classics in their own rights, they are following the same concept. How is that innovative?

When you get better at what you do, it's definitely being innovative in my opinion and it's exactly how their new game came out. 

11 hours ago, Empire said:

It is very difficult to find innovation in AAA games. We will always find small details that innovate, obviously, but the basis of the game will always be something that is already known, basically because one of the characteristics of AAA is that they should not take risks due to the important financial outlay they make.

Yeah, that's true. Most of them AAA game's do follow a pattern. If there is an element of being innovative, it's not going to be too telling in the game. 

On 3/14/2022 at 3:08 PM, Yaramaki said:

In your own opinion, which recently developed and released video games would you consider their developers as being innovative?