Register Now
Kane99

Santa Claus is coming to.... Battlefield 2042?

Yup, you heard that right. Good old Saint Nick will be a DLC character for Battlefield 2042 and for some reason fans seem to be more fed up about this, rather than the tons and tons of issues this game has had at launch. I guess according to fans, they aren't happy that Battlefield 2042 is becoming unrealistic with the addition of Santa Claus. But let's be honest, I didn't view Battlefield all that realistic. They don't like that they are trying to be like COD or Fortnite with their skins. And I guess I get their concerns, but this game is far from realistic at this point. 

But what I find more mind boggling right now, is that this news seems to be blowing up more than the fact the game is a broken mess right now. Are fans just backwards or something? Like I get complaining about the game and how it's playing, but to complain about a Christmas themed skin, is just dumb to me. But idk. I'm also not a veteran Battlefield player, so my opinion doesn't necessarily count I guess. But, what do you think?

Read about this bit of news here - https://www.ign.com/articles/battlefield-2042-skins-santa-father-winter

Battlefield, is a mess. But this, this is CLEARY the worst issue, I mean come on, adding Santa? That's the worst thing EA has ever done ever since 2017, forget the bugs, this is why Battlefield is CLEARY broken. I thought Battlefield was supposed to be "realistic" and not "unrealistic".

I don't think the fans are frustrated with this Santa Claws skin instead of being focused on the fact the game is broken, I suspect that they are frustrated with this Santa Claws skin because the game is broken. Instead of sorting this out, EA and DICE are coming out with nonsense DLC/microtransactions like this. I don't blame the fans for blowing up about this.

Edited by Shagger

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

I don't think the fans are frustrated with this Santa Claws skin instead of being focused on the fact the game is broken, I suspect that they are frustrated with this Santa Claws skin because the game is broken. Instead of sorting this out, EA and DICE are coming out with nonsense DLC/microtransactions like this. I don't blame the fans for blowing up about this.

I suppose so. Just thought it odd that they would care so much for this, but weren't going out of their way to complain about the many bugs and problems. But, I suppose it could be looked at in a way that it feels wrong to be releasing DLC when there are fixes that need to be made. 

Either way, this game is a mess in many regards, and I don't know if it'll ever recover from this. Didn't the last Battlefield fail due to poor sales? Makes me wonder how the sales are for 2042 now. 

9 hours ago, Shagger said:

This - it's a good thing I never bought the game. I've said it time and time again that I keep my expectations low when I'm anticipating any games from EA because I know at best, it'll be decent and majority of the time, absolutely busted on arrival. 

I guess Santa will bring gifts to all the orphans of war. Or maybe the gifts are a cartridge of bullets and full automatics. I guess Santa can do a fly over and drop gifts of bombs!  Nothing like Santa getting mixed up in war. Whatever happened to cookies and milk? Santas gone rogue. The elves are making weapons. Ok I'll stop before I get too carried away. 

Ea wants profit. They think if they just smash all the latest trends together into 1 game the players will love it. They dont care about bf veterans anymore since a new player base accustomed to other battle royals will buy more skins and other useless cosmetics from the shop. Every design and balance decision was done to monetize it later to its fullest. Great gaming franchices go to shit every time the decisions are made by rich shareholders that never touched a game instead of invested developers.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Ea wants profit. They think if they just smash all the latest trends together into 1 game the players will love it. They dont care about bf veterans anymore since a new player base accustomed to other battle royals will buy more skins and other useless cosmetics from the shop. Every design and balance decision was done to monetize it later to its fullest. Great gaming franchices go to shit every time the decisions are made by rich shareholders that never touched a game instead of invested developers.

You have a very valid point there. That's why games like Need For Speed Heat didn't get much support because it didn't really have any microtransactions in it. They even fired the dev team shortly after the release.