Register Now
Kane99

It may be against the law for scalpers to use bots soon

This is awesome news if it happens. 

It's about time someone does something, because there's no excuse for how scalpers are using bots to buy up consoles. Soon enough, they won't be able to use bots at all I hope. 

Do you think this will make a difference?

There's an ancillary benefit to this law. Preventing scalpers from buying up all the stock disincentivizes businesses from requiring paid memberships just to have a chance at buying a product. Paying for the right to have a chance to buy a product at regular price is VERY anti-consumer.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

There's an ancillary benefit to this law. Preventing scalpers from buying up all the stock disincentivizes businesses from requiring paid memberships just to have a chance at buying a product. Paying for the right to have a chance to buy a product at regular price is VERY anti-consumer.

Agreed - Like we saw Best Buy and Newegg trying to do. I'm glad this is coming into fruition and I hope it catches on all over the world.

I really don't know if this will totally remedy the issues around copyright laws. Because scalpers will still device alternative option to floute the guidelines of copyright, and sell to a higher price more than retail or wholesale shops online and offline. 

On 12/5/2021 at 3:22 PM, Justin11 said:

I really don't know if this will totally remedy the issues around copyright laws. Because scalpers will still device alternative option to floute the guidelines of copyright, and sell to a higher price more than retail or wholesale shops online and offline. 

What this does is prevent them from buying off the stock of in-demand items in seconds which would lessen the shortage of said in-demand product. Because there isn't a shortage, nobody will buy their products at such inflated prices. It basically makes scalping a very time-consuming thing for them with very little reward effectively killing the scalping industry.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

What this does is prevent them from buying off the stock of in-demand items in seconds which would lessen the shortage of said in-demand product. Because there isn't a shortage, nobody will buy their products at such inflated prices. It basically makes scalping a very time-consuming thing for them with very little reward effectively killing the scalping industry.

That's good plans too, it will really combat scalping in the video game industry from selling via inflated prices to gamers since they wouldn't be buying those video games items quicker like before.