Register Now
Kane99

How much longer will Xbox 360 be supported

20 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

I don't think Microsoft should do anything to the 360 other then what they are doing now and that is keeping the store and patches for the games online. 

I enjoyed every bit of the Xbox 360 when I had one, and though Microsoft stopped making games for the xbox 360 some time ago ,most of their games are still live and selling quite well today. So I don't really think Microsoft is abandoning the Xbox 360 but rather they try to maintain every bit of what it was when it was first released into the market.

PS3 and Xbox 360 are at same level. I planned getting an Xbox 360 during my elementary school days, but it didn't work out for me, due to lock of finance. I did play Xbox 360 couple of times, but my interest faded off when I bought my first PS3 in 2015. 

On 10/13/2022 at 6:03 AM, joblessdude said:

I am using my cousin's XBOX. He got this from USA, while he went on an official trip. It costed around 500 USD with additional accessories. Now I am thinking buy PS. I don't know how many years, xbox will be in trend.

Which Xbox console did your cousin get that costs 500 usd?

the Xbox consoles are still in trend just like the Nintendo and PlayStation.

Though some Xbox aren't going to be supported for too long other recent Xbox consoles are still supported and performing really well.

They turned off the Halo servers on the Xbox 360 so I would think other games will follow if they haven't already. I would guess by 2024 the Xbox 360 servers will be pretty dead as the Xbox One line of consoles will be 11 years old by then and the Xbox 360 will be nearly 20.

On 11/12/2022 at 8:48 PM, Shortie said:

They turned off the Halo servers on the Xbox 360 so I would think other games will follow if they haven't already. I would guess by 2024 the Xbox 360 servers will be pretty dead as the Xbox One line of consoles will be 11 years old by then and the Xbox 360 will be nearly 20.

That quite a long time and they have done their bit to the world of gaming and it's only natural we move on to newer versions though.

I would still play videogames on Xbox 360 even if it is no longer supported.