Register Now
Kane99

Do you find your skills in video games lacking as you get older?

Sadly, when we get older, we tend to lose our skills to some extent. Do you ever find that your skills in video games are more lacking with each year you get older? Or do you think your skills stick around forever? 

I find that my patience with tougher video games, just isn't there anymore. If something is too challenging, I often give up if it's too tough. Which is why I'm starting to think my skills have gotten worse when it comes to video games. I find I'm slower with some games as well. 

Do you feel your skills will get worse when you get older? 

Well, I'm certainly young now, so I don't have that feeling yet.

However, skills always go down after you're around 35 years old. It's kind of a reflex thing - of course, I'm talking about pro scene, or at least competitive one, and especially on FPS games.

6 hours ago, o-o said:

Well, I'm certainly young now, so I don't have that feeling yet.

However, skills always go down after you're around 35 years old. It's kind of a reflex thing - of course, I'm talking about pro scene, or at least competitive one, and especially on FPS games.

Yeah true. We gradually got worse at things as we get older. It's just the inevitability of life. I just hope I can play games until the day I die. I'll be playing into my elderly Years for sure. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Actually quite the opposite. My skills are better than ever, and I'll be 40 in less than a month. So I would have to dispute this one.

That's awesome. I think for me my skills are about the same, I just tire more easily at a challenge and give up more often. I think it I actually pushed through and kept at the games I play, I'd get through. I'm just lazy and don't like a challenge these days. 

I'm 28 now. Age hasn't affected my aim or reaction time. Not playing nearly as much has though. I also don't care as much about winning anymore so I don't try as hard. I only care about having fun now, whereas when I was a teen I was pissed off more often than not while playing.

18 hours ago, Empire said:

I'm 28 now. Age hasn't affected my aim or reaction time. Not playing nearly as much has though. I also don't care as much about winning anymore so I don't try as hard. I only care about having fun now, whereas when I was a teen I was pissed off more often than not while playing.

Most teenagers are erratic when it comes to how they behave and react to something that doesn't go their way. I believe that we all acted like that.