Register Now
StaceyPowers

What existing video game series do you think will still be around in 50 years?

On 12/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, Heatman said:

Pac Man is definitely up there as a video series that's capable of hitting another 50 years in running with the first game release on July 1980 and the latest release on April 2021. That's about 40 years and still counting. 

Thanks for the update. Which shows video game companies can last a lifetime if time is not taking. Kudos to the management of Lack Man for keeping the company running up to this day. 

On 12/22/2021 at 10:40 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Thanks for the update. Which shows video game companies can last a lifetime if time is not taking. Kudos to the management of Lack Man for keeping the company running up to this day. 

Yeah exactly, they really know how the game laid the foundation for more games that we have today just like Donkey Kong did with other games. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah exactly, they really know how the game laid the foundation for more games that we have today just like Donkey Kong did with other games. 

I can never forgot the impact of Donkey Kong series in gaming. I even still play some of it from time to time because it's that good when it comes to collection. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I see GT series continuing for long time, the series have been running for over 20 years now. And they are very interesting racing games. 

Yeah, that's something that's more like to happen. With the length of time it takes to get a new series released would make it very easy to reach that milestone. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I see GT series continuing for long time, the series have been running for over 20 years now. And they are very interesting racing games. 

GT 7 is proposed to be released by 4th March 2022 on PlayStation 4 and Playstation 5. I can't really wait for it to drop. 

On 1/25/2022 at 10:07 AM, Boblee said:

GT 7 is proposed to be released by 4th March 2022 on PlayStation 4 and Playstation 5. I can't really wait for it to drop. 

It's already that close because January is almost up and before you know what's going on, you will see March around the corner. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's already that close because January is almost up and before you know what's going on, you will see March around the corner. 

Yeah, that's for sure something that I'm really looking forward to. Definitely, Gran Turismo 7 wouldn't be a disappointment at all. 

On 1/25/2022 at 7:40 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's something that's more like to happen. With the length of time it takes to get a new series released would make it very easy to reach that milestone. 

The series devs, are simply hard working. Ever since they started with the GT series, they never slowed down for once, they've been keeping going. And all GT series are super, I never heard about it's downtime like the way others experiences downtime. 

On 1/25/2022 at 10:07 AM, Boblee said:

That's ecstatic for me, I believe by then I'll own a higher console. I know the game wouldn't be released on PC version. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The series devs, are simply hard working. Ever since they started with the GT series, they never slowed down for once, they've been keeping going. And all GT series are super, I never heard about it's downtime like the way others experiences downtime. 

That's ecstatic for me, I believe by then I'll own a higher console. I know the game wouldn't be released on PC version. 

Just look at the time frames they make the games. With Gran Turismo 6 being released since 2013 and the Gran Turismo 7 to be released 2022, the game would still be a big hit till the next 25 years.

5 hours ago, Empire said:

Only one that comes to mide that will last for 50 years and into the furture is GTA series you know LOL that's what I say and do and think. 

Well, that's if Rockstar don't end up screwing it up before it even gets to GTA 10. They almost did with the GTA trilogy and it's something that can happen again. 

4 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Well, that's if Rockstar don't end up screwing it up before it even gets to GTA 10. They almost did with the GTA trilogy and it's something that can happen again. 

That got me wondering what GTA 10 would look like. They can't keep making games from the same American cities. The series had a little niche to work with in previous games, but now options become limited if they don't branch out to other cities of the world. But if they want to keep comedy and stereotypes, America is fertile land of the making fun of and all the idiotisms.